Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

No skin in Basilica
Mesh Posted: Thu Jul 17 18:04:50 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Vatican law says that no one with bare leg or shoulders may enter St. Peters Basislica, meaning you must be dressed in long pants, and full shirts, which in summertime when big city gets hot and humid, this is so very uncomfortable for tourists.

Do you think this law it is fair, and people should respect, or is it ridiculous and people should be able to dress accordingly to the weather.

Asswipe Posted: Thu Jul 17 18:12:02 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  it's no big deal cause i'm sure it's air conditioned. I assume this St. Peters Basislica is a church of sorts... so they should endure the heat of hell for simply wanting to listen to the garb' preached in there.

jobs require people to wear pants/collared shirts all the time as well

sweet p Posted: Thu Jul 17 18:49:21 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When it comes to something like churches and their laws, there seems to be no room for questions. In places like that, you have a rule and it's fair because they say so.

But church laws aside, if a person really actually wants to visit a place, they usually shouldn't be too bothered by following any rules that come along with it.
I think it's fair to respect the rules of a place in which you are merely a guest.

Mesh Posted: Thu Jul 17 19:59:47 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  

>I think it's fair to respect the rules of a place in which you are merely a guest.

Yes, you guys hit rigth on th mark, in mi opinion. If you are visitor, than you can respect rules. Especialy because there are just so much vendor out in front, saling paper pant to peopl so they can wear them into St. Johns, this way they would not have to dress in hot long pants all day, just pay $1.50 for paper pant, wear them while you are in therre, and rip them right off.

FN Posted: Fri Jul 18 04:03:03 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  $1,50 for paper pants?

I think it's the people who buy them who get ripped off

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jul 18 06:36:19 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>$1,50 for paper pants?
>
>I think it's the people who buy them who get ripped off

you shouldn't care so much chris, it's mostly americans that buy them anyway. LOL

mat_j Posted: Fri Jul 18 06:51:32 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When in the Vatican do as the Pope says

addi Posted: Fri Jul 18 07:08:18 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Is there a dress code in heaven?
I wonder if it's air conditioned there?

I have this picture in my head of two large bouncer angels grabbing me by the shoulders and throwing me out cuz I'm wearing shorts.

*m*a*s* Posted: Fri Jul 18 12:29:54 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A few friends of mine went to Rome 3 or 4 years ago, and since it was so warm they all wore tank tops. When it was time to go into the cathedral they just pulled on long skirts (of a VERY light material) and t-shirts over their clothes. They just rolled them up in their backpacks that they were carrying anyway; took up no room and barely weighed a thing.

Mesh Posted: Fri Jul 18 13:37:53 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>$1,50 for paper pants?
>
>I think it's the people who buy them who get ripped off

one dollar and fifty cents.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]