Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

2 cents worth
bluerain Posted: Wed Oct 9 09:05:02 2002 Post | Quote in Reply  
  so now why don't we just make "Christians" or "Christianity" a politically incorrect word .. replace it with "followers of Christ" or something more /subtle/ ..

re: eleanor
i might not be in the right position to tell you this, but in my pov, it's natural to have doubts when you 'believe'. to cut a long tedious explanation brief, think of those doubts as the "grease" that keeps the car rollin' ;)

FN Posted: Tue Jan 7 13:42:50 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I Never knew what it exactly means: "to pray". Although there has been a time that I knew all prayers, litanies and formulas of the catholic religion by keart. I quickly realised that, just the "saying" of these texts wasn't "praying", but that there had to be more to do with it, and I didn't know what. I stopped thinking about it. Millions of hale mary's I've recited, but not one did I "pray". "Praying helps you get at ease," my grandmother said. I get at ease by watching the flames in an open fire. That "praying", just like staring into the flames, serves no purpose and leads to nothing, now is a part of my "knowledge of life", a heritage of my years in the Tjideng prisinor camp.

From "Bezonken Rood" by Jeroen Bouwers

Nocturnal Posted: Fri May 2 18:47:24 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hmm. I wonder if staring into flames is a form of praying to the Random?

“Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a night. Set him on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.”

antartica Posted: Sat May 3 02:29:19 2003 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nocturnal said:
>Hmm. I wonder if staring into flames is a form of praying to the Random?
>
>“Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a night. Set him on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.”

VERY VERY short lived one though...

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]