Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Protestants are Stupid
Nikki Posted: Wed Aug 4 11:29:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Protestants are stupid because they "call" themselves protestant, which means that protest against the well-rounded and Holy Catholic Church. The Church still stands strong while they still run around leaderless. How come?

mat_j Posted: Wed Aug 4 11:34:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bloody hell

DanSRose Posted: Wed Aug 4 11:37:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Protestants are not one group. They aren't even affiliated. They many groups, including bapitists, Lutherans, Presbyterians...
And just because a group looks "leaderless" doesn't mean they are weak. Or actually leaderless.

Nikki Posted: Wed Aug 4 11:48:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  now don't get uptight, what I mean is the idea of using that name protestant...why? it just doesn't make sense anymore...if they have a philosophy why don't they just go by the name of the philosophy?

Nikki Posted: Wed Aug 4 11:48:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the Catholic Church has a basic tenet and calls itself the "UNIVERSAL" church

Christian Posted: Wed Aug 4 11:54:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>Protestants are stupid because they "call" themselves protestant, which means that protest against the well-rounded and Holy Catholic Church. The Church still stands strong while they still run around leaderless. How come?

WHAT??? now how stupid an idea is that!!!! :-(

ashleycrow Posted: Wed Aug 4 12:04:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's not that Protestants are stupid, it's that you are ignorant.

ashleycrow Posted: Wed Aug 4 12:06:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And I'm not even Protestant.

erikagm Posted: Wed Aug 4 12:19:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Protestants, if I recall correctly, is a divergent version of the catholic church. It was created in England by one of its kinga, in order to "protest" against the church not allowing him to divorce one of his ex wives so he could wed another. Hence the term "protestant"

addi Posted: Wed Aug 4 12:40:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you're on the right track, erika, just a few facts turned around (yeah, I'm anal about history).
The word protestants does come from "protest", but it was from the Reformation movement on continental europe that it got that name. The Catholics saw Luther's revised theology as a form of protest against the established church and the teachings of the vatican.
Henry VIII was not motivated by religious conviction to separate from the church. He was pissed that Pope Clement wouldn't end his marriage to Catherine of Aragon so he could marry Anne Boleyn and try to have a male baby to succeed him. It had nothing to do with the reasons Luther posted on the Wittenburg Door.
BTW Anne didn't give him a male child either so he had her executed for treason (which is no longer legal to do to your wife unless you live in Texas).

Asswipe Posted: Wed Aug 4 12:51:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ummm, the religion was formed as a protest to the catholic church which had recently, since the Renaissance, turned to a materialistic spirit and certain thinkers believed they needed to turn back to holyness and that sort.
http://www.newgenevacenter.org/west/reformation.htm

the whole ann bolyn thing gave rise to the church of england or anglicans, i believe, and has nothing to do w/ protestism until later when the two groups started fighting.

oh yeah, nikki, shut the fuck up, dumb cunt.

addi, protestants don't derive the name from protest but from... the movement that was protesting the church... but not from protest?

and the name fits fine if it means protesting the materialistic views of the world and the want to put holyness type love god views in the place... that fits just fine.

oh yeah, nikki, shut the fuck up, dumb cunt.

erikagm Posted: Wed Aug 4 13:00:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ok, so I got some facts mixed up :P

Thanks for the corrections though!

I tend to learn lots and lots of semi-useless stuff and then get it all jumbled up inside my head... There's no more room... And it's either squishing two things together or forgetting about my 6th birthday... And personal memories are hard to let go of, even for the sake of learning more... :P

Zacq Posted: Wed Aug 4 13:17:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  From experience, Lutherans don't really go around saying 'Death to the Catholic Church' or whatever. To them, Christians are Christians and while there may be differing opinions about worship, there's no need to protest against any group because they don't believe the exact same things. So maybe they shouldn't be called Protestants, but that's totally irrelevant.

Speaking of which, in at least the Lutheran church I know of, they say they 'believe in the holy catholic church' every Sunday in the Apostles' Creed.

iggy Posted: Wed Aug 4 13:30:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  good lord.

now she's attacking my faith.

i'm a christian who also believes in catholism.

get ur facts right before u attack any religion

mat_j Posted: Wed Aug 4 13:38:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well I'm catholic, but most of my family are protestant, I've thought about having them burned as heretics but the local priest doesn't seem that interested in the idea

Mesh Posted: Wed Aug 4 14:01:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hooray Lutheranism!

addi Posted: Wed Aug 4 14:04:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:

>Speaking of which, in at least the Lutheran church I know of, they say they 'believe in the holy catholic church' every Sunday in the Apostles' Creed.

Lower case "catholic" is a reference to the universal church. So when you say that in the apostles creed you're not referring to the historical Roman Catholic church, but to the christian church and all it stands for.

*didn't mean to overanalyze your comments, erika.

Asswipe, you're wipealicious! : )

Asswipe Posted: Wed Aug 4 14:09:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Asswipe, you're wipealicious! : )

sorry, mr. anal about history

addi Posted: Wed Aug 4 14:12:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  keep my anus out of this, butthole!

simonvii Posted: Wed Aug 4 14:23:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>Hooray Lutheranism!

one thing thats funny about luther and what addison was saying about the wittenburg door: people make a big deal about that like it was some huge protest but at that time in history those doors were used publically by everyone as a sort of public announcement bulletin board for anyone who wanted to say something - kind of like an early version of this forum we have here in a way...anyway so though the content of luther's theses was controversial and "protestant", the nailing of it on the door wasn't so much a huge theatrical event so much as it was like the stapling of a sign to your garage sale on the telephone pole on the corner.......

Asswipe Posted: Wed Aug 4 14:38:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>keep my anus out of this, butthole!

hah... damn that senility, eh?

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 4 14:57:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki, Nikki, Nikki, why must you continue to put your ignorance on display for the whole world to see ?

erikagm Posted: Wed Aug 4 15:01:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey hif!!! Welcome back! *hugs*

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 4 15:33:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:
>Hey hif!!! Welcome back! *hugs*
>
oh baby! *wet sloppy kisses*
:-)

laurie Posted: Wed Aug 4 15:40:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I come from a vert complicated catholic/protestant background, my very immediate family are devoutly catholic, though. But I dont know about anyone else, but I have a huge issue with transubstantiation (sp?). I never new all the history, I thought disagreement about symbolism..now I know! But I guess Im of the opinion that organised religion is evil and wrong.. so oh well.

choke Posted: Wed Aug 4 16:06:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  wow im learning about this in history :D

erikagm Posted: Wed Aug 4 16:12:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>erikagm said:
>>Hey hif!!! Welcome back! *hugs*
>>
>oh baby! *wet sloppy kisses*
>:-)

Hey! Geroff!!!

*pushes hif off and runs away*

casper Posted: Wed Aug 4 16:16:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  

>
>Hey! Geroff!!!
>
>*pushes hif off and runs away*

lol...you always this good for men's egos?

erikagm Posted: Wed Aug 4 16:16:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well, since I'm a lesbian, I could care less about men's egos... except of course, on a non-sexual level. :P

casper Posted: Wed Aug 4 16:18:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:
>Well, since I'm a lesbian, I could care less about men's egos... except of course, on a non-sexual level. :P

you don't have to be attracted to men to care about their egos :) that'd be like men not caring about your feelings if you are ugly ;) very shallow...

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 4 16:47:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey everybody ! I kissed a lesbian !

erikagm Posted: Wed Aug 4 17:00:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>you don't have to be attracted to men to care about their egos :) that'd be like men not caring about your feelings if you are ugly ;) very shallow...

Well, like I said, "except of course, on a non-sexual level"

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 4 18:02:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I suppose my wet sloppy kiss was of the non-sexual variety, just glad to see ya darlin' :-)

innocenceNonus Posted: Wed Aug 4 19:07:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>BTW Anne didn't give him a male child either so he had her executed for treason (which is no longer legal to do to your wife unless you live in Texas).

lol. VERY NICE.

Being Protestant, I gotta say Nikki, you're outta line.

WHY you're outta line is because:

1. All of your posts were rude, ignorant, and just all around asking for a nice slap in the face.

2. Few protestants actively protest the Catholic Church.

3. I dunno what backwater area YOU'RE living in, but most protestant faiths have leaders. Commonly known as Pastors and Ministers... There are also the Deacons...

4. The reason I think prostestants still refer to themselves as protestants (though many are of different divisions) though many don't actually protest the Catholic church is because it's just the name that stuck, not to mention the name's origin which IS a part protestant history. I mean, same way the US still calls its parties the names it does.

Am I incorrect in any of this?? If so, correct me please.

And btw Nikki, the next time you open your mout, make sure it's something intelligent.

And if you ever say anything SO INCREDIBLY STUPID about a belief system or even a belief again, I'll be sure to rip whatever you said to shreds. And if I can't, I have no doubt someone else will do an equally (if not better) good job of it.

And some advice- be VERY careful what you post. Fewer and fewer people are taking kindly to you.

mat_j Posted: Wed Aug 4 20:41:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey Addison quit ragging on Apollo Creed

Nikki Posted: Wed Aug 4 21:22:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>addison said:
>>BTW Anne didn't give him a male child either so he had her executed for treason (which is no longer legal to do to your wife unless you live in Texas).
>
>lol. VERY NICE.
>

>
>Am I incorrect in any of this?? If so, correct me please.
>
>YES. Not "all" of my posts are rude

erikagm Posted: Wed Aug 4 21:36:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>innocenceNonus said:
>>Am I incorrect in any of this?? If so, correct me please.
>>
>>YES. Not "all" of my posts are rude

Tsk. He wasnt even talking about what you commented on when he asked that question, Nikki. Pay attention.

Zacq Posted: Thu Aug 5 00:31:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>Protestants are not one group. They aren't even affiliated. They many groups, including bapitists, Lutherans, Presbyterians...

Speaking of which, did you know (you soon will) that if you rearrange the letters in Presbyterians you can get Britney Spears?

I smell a Dan Brown book...

DanSRose Posted: Thu Aug 5 01:19:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:
>Speaking of which, did you know (you soon will) that if you rearrange the letters in Presbyterians you can get Britney Spears?
>
>I smell a Dan Brown book...

Okay. That was cool. You get a "check" on my cool people list.

Puck Posted: Thu Aug 5 03:56:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  simonvii said:
>those doors were used publically by everyone as a sort of public announcement bulletin board
I'm gonna go glue my Dogma dvd to a door.

laurie said:
>Im of the opinion that organised religion is evil and wrong
"For lent, I'm giving up organized religion." : )

Nikki said:
>well-rounded and Holy Catholic Church.
*Scoff*

>they still run around leaderless.
Must we all blindly follow someone else's lead? I'd rather walk into a wall with my eyes open.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail!"

DaveHill Posted: Thu Aug 5 05:48:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Anybody noticed how Nikki yells something, gets beaten up for it, and never comes back to say she was wrong?

Apart from that, who are all those people that suddenly start posting?
Yes, i'm paranoid. So what.

Nikki Posted: Thu Aug 5 07:20:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:

>
>Tsk. He wasnt even talking about what you commented on when he asked that question, Nikki. Pay attention.

ok, luv :-)

Nikki Posted: Thu Aug 5 07:22:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>simonvii said:
>>those doors were used publically by everyone as a sort of public announcement bulletin board
>I'm gonna go glue my Dogma dvd to a door.
>
>laurie said:
>>Im of the opinion that organised religion is evil and wrong
>"For lent, I'm giving up organized religion." : )
>
>Nikki said:
>>well-rounded and Holy Catholic Church.
>*Scoff*
>
>>they still run around leaderless.
>Must we all blindly follow someone else's lead? I'd rather walk into a wall with my eyes open.
>"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail!"

LOL and LMAO...oh I get it! A trail of shit? LOL

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Aug 5 08:04:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  >
>>they still run around leaderless.
>Must we all blindly follow someone else's lead? I'd rather walk into a wall with my eyes open.
>"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail!"
>
Do not assume that if you see someone following the lead of another that they are following "blindly"
Few among us are leaders, most are born to be followers no matter how you perceive yourself, you're probably a follower too.

DaveHill Posted: Thu Aug 5 10:01:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>
>LOL and LMAO...oh I get it! A trail of shit? LOL

No, you don't get it.

erikagm Posted: Thu Aug 5 11:07:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>erikagm said:
>
>>
>>Tsk. He wasnt even talking about what you commented on when he asked that question, Nikki. Pay attention.
>
>ok, luv :-)

Nikki called me luv!!!!!! aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!

*goes and scrubs herself with bleach*

Puck Posted: Thu Aug 5 11:20:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Do not assume that if you see someone following the lead of another that they are following "blindly"

I don't assume so for all.

>you're probably a follower too.

I'm a wanderer. I follow myself...if I can keep up.

Nikki said:
>A trail of shit? LOL

So, you're suggesting that every trail is, or was at one time, of shit?

*Hands erikagm a steel wool scrubber*

erikagm Posted: Thu Aug 5 13:02:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>*Hands erikagm a steel wool scrubber*

thanks...
*scrubs mightily*

Nikki Posted: Thu Aug 5 13:11:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  darling?

FN Posted: Thu Aug 5 14:15:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki I just hope you aren't one of the guys on tha picture, in which case there will be some serious asskicking involved.

Nikki Posted: Thu Aug 5 14:31:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hah they are my friends ...my my...sensitive aren't we? :-)

erikagm Posted: Thu Aug 5 14:53:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>darling?

I just hope that wasnt meant for me...

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Aug 5 15:19:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>>YES. Not "all" of my posts are rude

I meant one in this thread.

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Aug 5 15:21:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>LOL and LMAO...oh I get it! A trail of shit? LOL

Puck has been courteous and all around a good fellow. I don't think he'd leave a trail of crap... You on the other hand- well, just reading your posts answers that question. And the answer is a GIANT RESOUNDING YES.

Puck Posted: Thu Aug 5 15:33:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>Puck has been courteous and all around a good fellow.
Thank you. : )

I don't think he'd leave a trail of crap...
Ewww!

Kira Posted: Thu Aug 5 15:40:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>
>Puck has been ... all around a good fellow.

Oh! *Cracks up.*

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Aug 5 16:27:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>innocenceNonus said:
>>
>>Puck has been ... all around a good fellow.
>
>Oh! *Cracks up.*

He hasn't??? OH!! the disappointment!!

Puck Posted: Thu Aug 5 16:31:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>Oh! *Cracks up.*

What have I done?

Kira Posted: Thu Aug 5 16:48:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>Sailovzi said:
>>Oh! *Cracks up.*
>
>What have I done?

Oh come now Robin, that's good clean humor right there. You are very nice, of course, but you must know your other names?

Must I always laugh alone? *Sniffs*

Puck Posted: Thu Aug 5 16:56:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>Oh come now Robin, you must know your other names?
I have enough pseudonyms to remember (More than 10 that I can remember at the moment) without adding Robin Goodfellow to the bunch.
I was just a bit confuzzled.

>Must I always laugh alone? *Sniffs*
Not always. ; )*hug*

Kira Posted: Thu Aug 5 17:59:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Woot, hugs!

Nikki Posted: Fri Aug 6 07:18:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yes...and you're so right, too!

antartica Posted: Sun Aug 8 05:21:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i normally choose to stay out of religious and political discussions coz i dun beleive nor do i disbeleive in it... just lemme alone kinda thing
but this quote came to mind all of a sudden..
can't recall who said it but"

"Mother is the name of god on the lips of all children"

Puck Posted: Mon Aug 9 01:30:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>i normally choose to stay out of religious and political discussions coz i dun beleive nor do i disbeleive in it...

I'll take part only if I can contradict someone, otherwise I ignore it completey

>can't recall who said it but
>"Mother is the name of god on the lips of all children"

Two cool-points awarded.
It took me a moment to match the quote to its source.
Brandon Lee said it in The Crow to Darla, Sarah's mother, before he killed Funboy.

antartica Posted: Mon Aug 9 07:52:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  wow! i'm kewl!

Nikki Posted: Wed Feb 16 13:25:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  how many idiot protestants are there anyway...studies show they have lower IQs

Nikki Posted: Wed Feb 16 13:26:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ...filthy dirty dumb-fucking clucks!!

FN Posted: Wed Feb 16 13:28:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>how many idiot protestants are there anyway...studies show they have lower IQs

I'm willing to bet that goes for most religious types.

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 16 13:30:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  LOL

I once saw a study, that men who listen to Meshuggah have big penii.

Yay!

But then I saw a study that men who listen to Rammstein have small penii.

Dang!

Nikki Posted: Wed Feb 16 13:37:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  stupid fucking cunts and cocksuckers!!!

"God-breakaways"

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 16 14:15:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  YEAH!

Take that, protestant heretics!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]