Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Gifts
~Just Imagine~ Posted: Thu Dec 28 11:39:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  what did you get and did you love it or well ... hated it ? :)
Let's make up a holiday balance !

I love my presents
Probably because they let me choose them myself :D
So I've got new climbing shoes wich make me smile, and I've put my old ones in for repair (wich actually costs as much as a new pair, but hey, they told they would pay it ;D )

and i've got a plastic frog from my sister that shakes it's head... Loved it ! :)

So my balance : I've got some great presents

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Dec 28 14:09:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ferret
supplies for the ferret
toys for the ferret
tshirt with 2D on the front
fingerless bone gloves
Icebat (yay!)
Target giftcard (bleh)
bright blue homemade necklace set from my little sister... (i love her and the thought but i don't wear blue unless it's navy...)
i got my computer back from the asshole who vandalized it (bumperstickers on the computer and neon shapee graffiti all over the carrying case...)

i hate the gift card because it just shows how apathtic my folks are. it's a nice sum; I'd rather them actually took time and picked something out with me.

i hate jamie he's a total jerk. He was suppose to pay for the computer and he just vandalized it.

the necklace set was very nicely put together but it was more suitable for her. As my mom is letting her 10 child have makeup and dress like a hoochy prep. and it's a preppy necklace. but i love my sister anyway... hopefully she'll cover up eventually.

the gifts from puck (icebat) and the supplies and toys (mouse) were far too generous. I loved them!!

there were other small gifts from friends that came in a card. and they are just as appreciated. i recieved one xmas card this year. thank you. you know who you are. *hugs*

choke Posted: Thu Dec 28 14:21:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Tooooooooaaaaaaaasted sandwich maker :D

*Never goes hungry again*

Posted: Thu Dec 28 14:29:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A certain someone got me a beautiful pair of cashmere scarves, a book, pair of CDs, and a photo.

I also got a few outfits, a wine rack, and a ski trip.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Dec 28 14:58:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lots of clothes
Restaurant gift cards to:
O'charleys
TGI Fridays
Mimi's Cafe
PF Changs (never been, head it's good)

phone charger for my car
a waffle iron !

And various items made of caramel, chocolate and stuff like that.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Dec 28 15:19:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Lots of clothes
>Restaurant gift cards to:
>O'charleys
>TGI Fridays
>Mimi's Cafe
>PF Changs (never been, head it's good)
>
>phone charger for my car
>a waffle iron !
>
>And various items made of caramel, chocolate and stuff like that.

niiiiiiice. i love food. :)

beetlebum Posted: Thu Dec 28 15:22:39 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Panda_Bear said:

>Icebat (yay!)

what is that? (please forgive my ignorance!)

>i got my computer back from the asshole who vandalized it (bumperstickers on the computer and neon shapee graffiti all over the carrying case...)

uuuuugh, that is the WORST. i'm so sorry. if something happened to my computer, i'd weep. i hope it still works, though.

>the gifts from puck (icebat) and the supplies and toys (mouse) were far too generous. I loved them!!

aw. :)

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Dec 28 16:00:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>Panda_Bear said:
>
>>Icebat (yay!)
>
>what is that? (please forgive my ignorance!)

www.uglydolls.com

i love Icebat and Tray.

>uuuuugh, that is the WORST. i'm so sorry. if something happened to my computer, i'd weep. i hope it still works, though.

it works. but it's very very slow and it has issues clicking on things. but it's fine besides that.

puck and mousie are the best... :D

Mark Posted: Thu Dec 28 16:13:48 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The new cd from Killswitch Engage - As daylight dies. Although for me it hasn't such a high impact on me as there previous one did I still very much like it :)

A white (with a very little bit of dark blue) long sleeve shirt. YES! I finally went from black to white :D

libra Posted: Thu Dec 28 16:39:04 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DVDs (Life Aquatic, Billy Elliott)
Books (LOTR set, Murakami, Egger's new one)

Money for iPod (i went and bought the 80G...it will NEVER be full...)

Trip to New York with my boyfriend from our parents for christmas/graduation!!

I got the best presents this year! So exciting!

Bad present:
anklet from grandma (i thought only strippers and prostitutes wore anklets?)

FN Posted: Thu Dec 28 19:51:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>(i thought only strippers and prostitutes wore anklets?)

Only the saucy ones

FN Posted: Thu Dec 28 19:51:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Not that I would know

FN Posted: Thu Dec 28 19:51:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Honestly

choke Posted: Thu Dec 28 21:01:37 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>
>Bad present:
>anklet from grandma (i thought only strippers and prostitutes wore anklets?)
>

Whoa. No way. Anklets are wonderful! It must be a foreign thing.

choke Posted: Thu Dec 28 21:04:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Honestly

Anything you say that normally should create some kindof indignant/shocked reaction is cancelled out by the meek expression on your face :P

sweet p Posted: Thu Dec 28 21:07:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>(i thought only strippers and prostitutes wore anklets?)

oh :(
but i'm not a stripper or a prostitute!
i made mine though, maybe that makes it ok? haha i swear i'm not a slut!

it'll sound pretty cheesy but the best gift i got this year was spending time with my grandmother. my sisters and i went over this year for a small dinner and to help her decorate her tree. she told us a lot of stories [from when she was younger] that i'd never heard before. she is a somewhat shy woman so she can be very quiet most of the time. she also mostly only speaks spanish and sometimes i think she'd rather keep quiet than struggle with english [my younger sisters can't understand spanish well]. it was nice to hear her go on and on about things she used to and still loves. i feel like i know her better. that's always an interesting feeling for me when it involves family.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Dec 28 21:14:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>
>it'll sound pretty cheesy but the best gift i got this year was spending time with my grandmother. my sisters and i went over this year for a small dinner and to help her decorate her tree. she told us a lot of stories [from when she was younger] that i'd never heard before. she is a somewhat shy woman so she can be very quiet most of the time. she also mostly only speaks spanish and sometimes i think she'd rather keep quiet than struggle with english [my younger sisters can't understand spanish well]. it was nice to hear her go on and on about things she used to and still loves. i feel like i know her better. that's always an interesting feeling for me when it involves family.
>
Really nice post P
:-)

antartica Posted: Fri Dec 29 00:31:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>it'll sound pretty cheesy but the best gift i got this year was spending time with my grandmother. my sisters and i went over this year for a small dinner and to help her decorate her tree. she told us a lot of stories [from when she was younger] that i'd never heard before. she is a somewhat shy woman so she can be very quiet most of the time. she also mostly only speaks spanish and sometimes i think she'd rather keep quiet than struggle with english [my younger sisters can't understand spanish well]. it was nice to hear her go on and on about things she used to and still loves. i feel like i know her better. that's always an interesting feeling for me when it involves family.

not cheezy at all...
in the true sprit of giving, it don't mean everything has to be material... some of the most precious gifts are beyond that... e.g. time spent :)

i'm happy for you...

i didn't get nothing this year coz i'm not at home... but during the christmas party we had on the barge here i won from the raffle (we bought tickets for a prize raffle, proceeds would go to a children's home) and i won a 6-pack cooler bag... with the company logo / stamp... whatever... on it .... now THAT is cheezy :{

but it was a good cause so what the hey :)

libra Posted: Fri Dec 29 00:40:17 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>libra said:
>>(i thought only strippers and prostitutes wore anklets?)
>
>oh :(
>but i'm not a stripper or a prostitute!
>i made mine though, maybe that makes it ok? haha i swear i'm not a slut!
>

I dunno, maybe that's only something here...
And if you made it, that makes it perfectly wonderful.

I wish i could have more of these kinds of experiences. I feel like I know my grandparents, but only them now...not what their lives were like in past or anything.

libra Posted: Fri Dec 29 00:41:21 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>libra said:
>
>Only the saucy ones

you're kinda saucy. You want me to send the anklet over to you to wear?

addi Posted: Fri Dec 29 07:35:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>you're kinda saucy. You want me to send the anklet over to you to wear?

Christophe...the saucy sassy belgian : )

I like your pics Christophe and Choke. Such fine wholesome upstanding young folks.

Hif...ate at PF Changs for the first time in Omaha christmas eve night. The Mongolian Beef was superb.

Sweet P...I feel the same as you. Got some nice gifts under the tree this year, but by far and away the best gift was being with my family...my father still being with us, my brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, 4 new babies. I know we may never all meet like that together again so I was living in the moment this Christmas, and was very grateful for the gift of a loving family.

Ant...damn nice just to see you still around here.

Beetlebum....spent the night in st.louis and keep thinking how fun it would have been to meet with you

I really did miss you people. I think I need professional help.

beetlebum Posted: Fri Dec 29 08:07:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Christophe said:
>>libra said:
>>>(i thought only strippers and prostitutes wore anklets?)
>>
>>Only the saucy ones
>

this made me laugh out loud. lots. i love how libra throws it right back at ya, christophe.

FN Posted: Fri Dec 29 08:15:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

I would be totally turned on by that

Deep down inside I'm a perv.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Dec 29 09:50:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>Deep down inside I'm a perv.
>
Yeah, like that's a big surprise !
:-)

addi Posted: Fri Dec 29 10:06:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Christophe said:
>
>>Deep down inside I'm a perv.
>>
>Yeah, like that's a big surprise !
>:-)

God willing, when I grow up I'll be a perv just like Christophe.

FN Posted: Fri Dec 29 10:21:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Any chance you could send some thongs along as well libra?

Giggitygiggitygiggity!

I heard you can actually get underwear that has been worn by schoolgirls from vending machines in japan. Freaky.

FN Posted: Fri Dec 29 10:31:12 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Actually I'm a sucker for stuff like anklets, but only when I'm the only one who gets to see them if that makes sense

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Dec 29 10:44:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Actually I'm a sucker for stuff like anklets, but only when I'm the only one who gets to see them if that makes sense
>
Yeah, you want an Amish bride.

FN Posted: Fri Dec 29 10:55:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Probably not as I doubt that they keep their legs all smooth and silky

giggitygiggity!

(been watching too much family guy, can you tell)

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Dec 29 10:57:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Probably not as I doubt that they keep their legs all smooth and silky
>
>giggitygiggity!
>
>(been watching too much family guy, can you tell)
>
Funniest show on TV these days, along with Two and a half men.

FN Posted: Fri Dec 29 11:00:46 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Funniest show on TV these days

I agree, it's one of the funniest american programs that I know of.

They only aired them here for a short while though, so now I have to get them through friends and off the intamaweb

kurohyou Posted: Fri Dec 29 13:18:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My wife got me Band of Brothers on DVD. and proceeded to buy my wife the same thing...doh.

A pair of work out gloves which my mother in law thought might be good for shooting because of the wrist support they had. Not a bad thought.

I got Madden NFL07.

A gift card to Barnes and Nobel

A funky smelling candle in a white elephant exchange...

And I can't remember what else...

I am pretty easy to shop for. I have never returned a gift, except for the year when I got three copies of "Birdcage" on DVD. But I've never returned a gift because I didn't like it.

In all honesty I'm glad the holidays are over and the new year is begining.

Not that it matters...

choke Posted: Fri Dec 29 15:14:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
Such fine wholesome upstanding young folks.
>
HAH :D

choke Posted: Fri Dec 29 15:17:46 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>addi said:
> Such fine wholesome upstanding young folks.
>>
>HAH :D

**Notice if you will the bruise on my arm closest to the bottom of the screen...Caused by a bite mark :P

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Fri Dec 29 16:21:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Do you have these weird friends who bite you, to say they love you, caus i've got some of them too, and their love really hurts :D

Or did you just got bitten by an animal or another weird creature ? ;)

addi Posted: Fri Dec 29 16:36:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>**Notice if you will the bruise on my arm closest to the bottom of the screen...Caused by a bite mark :P

I ran it through my hi-tech photo analyzer here. The data says it's a sheep hickey. Don't be alarmed though, it happens all the time to me.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Dec 29 20:52:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>Do you have these weird friends who bite you, to say they love you, caus i've got some of them too, and their love really hurts :D

i am those really weird friends... :D *chomps* rawr. now you have another imagine.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sat Dec 30 05:29:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ***aw***

well thank you :D

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sat Dec 30 09:01:12 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I actually had a friend who was going to Africa for 2 months, and on the night she left she suddenly bit me quite hard in my arm, and she said, well now I'll know you'll think of me :)
The bruise stayed on for a really long time, and turned all kinds of colours
I love my weird friends :)

innocenceNonus Posted: Sat Dec 30 18:16:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  gotta say the best gift is just being at home and seeing everyone.

worst gift? someone gave me strep. i dunno who that is, but they cost me a good week of my winter break [i spent all of it watching food network... and looking up food network personaities on wikipedia.]

but materially...

best gift: super awesome camera [ie-- a nice digital one. i've been sporting around a kinda old honker i got last year [hand me down from my dad] that has a "high quality" setting of 3.2 MP... hehehe. this year was a considerable improvement]

worst gift: nothing...

choke Posted: Sat Dec 30 18:50:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>Do you have these weird friends who bite you, to say they love you,

yes yes yes! I loves em!!

novemberrain Posted: Sat Dec 30 19:58:05 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  -gift card
-stuff for my apt
-mystery gifts as my brother who lives near Denver has been unable to get to the post office. Or anywhere, for that matter. Mother Nature is an nagry bitch
-Spirited Away DVD
-book of quotations

novemberrain Posted: Sat Dec 30 19:59:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novemberrain said:
> nagry bitch

angry too. yay spelling

DanSRose Posted: Sun Dec 31 02:02:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My parents wanted to do a large gathering thing for the holidays, with family friends and relatives. We went on a cruise (just got back this afternoon) from New Orleans to the Yucatán and around the Gulf for this week. I got sick from gumbo, finally got to see a Maya pyramid, and be on a boat. That was neat.
My girlfriend got me a signed copy by L.S. of The Bad Beginning (Book the First).
Various gift cards, ensuring that I won't have to pay for a book for a while.
And then, there's what my very good friend got me:
Some good Belgian chocolates and sipping chocolate, a Kermit the Frog luggage tag, a framed print of the Orion Nebula, located just below the belt (she and I have connection and good memories to and with the constellation; to tell this story would violate all sorts of trusts), and a large hardcover book entitled "The Museum of Lost Wonders", and is a joint philosphy-activity book. Chapter One let me build a conch shell-model of the Universe, for essentially the purpose of Size.

This has been better than most holidays past.

Mesh Posted: Mon Jan 1 14:28:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Big fat nothing but love and friendship. Tha's what we all decided on this year, rather than getting each other trivial trinkets and unneeded undoodles.

mat_j Posted: Wed Jan 3 16:28:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>libra said:
>
>oh :(
>but i'm not a stripper or a prostitute!
>i made mine though, maybe that makes it ok? haha i swear i'm not a slut!
>
>

I totally agree with you sweet P anklets are fine.....

I mean Christmas with the folks was nice, considering it's beena while since i went home properly not including a flying visit or to in nov. We all got jolly and had a good time feasting and telling tales.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]