Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

God hates fags
Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Feb 2 16:02:20 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh yes those peace loving christians have done it again. inclusion and love for all. unless you are a fag. god hates fags.

but christians aren't hatemongers... no... they want to spread the word...

http://www.eveningservice.com/Video

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Feb 2 16:11:03 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  while you're at it make sure you keep your children from becoming fags by listening to all those fag making bands

http://lovegodsway.org/SafeBands

and for the lazy ppl here are the fag making bands

One of the most dangerous ways homosexuality invades family life is through popular music. Parents should keep careful watch over their children's listening habits, especially in this Internet Age of MP3 piracy.

Bands to watch out for
The Spores (endorse suicide)
Scissor Sisters
Rufus Wainwright
Merzbau
Ravi Shankar
Wilco
Bjork (mb)
Tech N9ne
Ghostface Killah
Bobby Conn
Morton Subotnik
Cole Porter
The String Cheese Incident
Eagles of Death Metal
Polyphonic Spree
The Faint
Interpol
Tegan and Sara
Erasure
The Grateful Dead (AIDS)
Le Tigre
Marilyn Manson (dark gay) - goth and gay aren't the same thing.
The Gossip
The Magnetic Fields
The Doors
Phish
Queen
The Strokes
Sufjan Stevens
Morrissey(?questionable?) -wtf??
The Pet Shop Boys
Metallica
Judas Priest
The Village People
The Secret Handshake
The Rolling Stones
David Bowie
Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Man or Astroman
Richard Cheese
Jay-Z
Depeche Mode
Kansas
Ani DiFranco
Fischerspooner
John Mayer
George Michael (texan)
Angel Eyes
The Indigo Girls
Velvet Underground
Madonna
Elton John
Barry Manilow
Indigo Girls
Melissa Etheridge
Eminmen
Nirvana
Boy George*
The Killers
Lou Reed
Lil' Wayne
Motorhead
Jill Sobule
Wilson Phillips
DMX
Lisa Loeb
Ted Nugent (loincloth)
Dogstar
Thirty Seconds to Mars
Lil' Kim
kd lang
Frank Sinatra
Hinder
Nickleback
Justus Kohncke
Bob Mould
Clay Aiken
Arcade Fire
Bright Eyes
Corinne Bailey Rae
Audioslave
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Panic at the Disco
Elton John(really gay) - why the hell did he need to put that

yet... no t.A.T.U mmmm so only gays not lesbians... or are russian lesbians exempt?

And the "safe" bands/music

The Right Brothers (the list!)
Dresden Dolls
UnderOath
Cyndi Lauper
Falling Up
Flyleaf
THE TURNING
Disciple
P.O.D
Evanescence
By The Tree
Scott Reed
Michael W. Smith
Jars of Clay
DC Talk
Danielson

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Feb 2 16:13:11 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  also

http://lovegodsway.org/C.H.O.P.S.

addi Posted: Fri Feb 2 16:31:54 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:

>http://www.eveningservice.com/Video

maybe god hates fags, but jesus loves them, and the holy spirit is indifferent?
I just don't know.

*that singer looked a little gay to me
: )

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Feb 2 19:00:04 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  isn't that the irony of it all...

i mean check this out...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Haggard

pretty damn sad..

and donnie davies is a reformed homosexual... supposedly but it doesn't look like it... :P www.donniedavies.com

Puck Posted: Fri Feb 2 19:04:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  that guy was SO gay

innocenceNonus Posted: Fri Feb 2 19:07:44 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>*that singer looked a little gay to me
>: )
>
>

if my guess is correct, he uses his focus on God to take away his thoughts on his sexuality.

in reply to Mrs. Goodfellow:

God doesn't hate "fags." And Christians don't hate fags either.

It's really polarizing and antagonistic to hear that sort of thing and know that you and several other people who ARE NOT popularized by the media say no such thing.

Regardless of politics, i'd like to go on a rant as a Christian right here and now:

1. I'm sick sick sick sick SICK and tired of people telling me Christians are judgemental, narrow-minded people who have no hearts. If you've ever met a Christian that was truly trying to live like Christ, you'd know that's not the case. Christ hung out with prostitutes, tax collectors, theives, and the social/ racial outcasts of His day. And not because they were the "bad ones" but because He loved them- He LOVED people. He didn't HATE them at all! And He did NOT hang out with the self-righteous, religious uprights who ended up killing Him. Christ isn't into religion so much as He was into the relationship. Christianity isn't about giving ten percent or voting republican or praying or fasting or doing any of those things. When you come down to it all, it's just like the Man said: the greatest commandments are to love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and to love your neighbor as yourself. And who did God define as our neighbor? All people. So do we hate gays? NO. And if Christians do, they need to work on that because they're not supposed to.

2. Christians are called to make disciples of everyone; many Christians have different takes on what this mean. Some believe it's Bible thumping; some think it's doing nothing. But what's the Bible say? Well, we're supposed to be bold without being obnoxious [try walking that thin line... few can do it, and i'm certainly not gonna claim to be one of them. Christ is the only person i can think of who pulled it off]. We're supposed to live a righteous and holy life that honors God. We're supposed to live with Christ as our example. How He spread the word is how we're supposed to. And if you read the New Testament, Christ talks about homosexuality a couple of times, but He talks about loving our neighbors and worshipping God a lot more. Am I saying that the Bible doesn't say homosexuality is wrong? No, I'm not. Am I saying it's not important? No! What I AM sayin is that God clearly wants us to focus on certain things because they are INCREDIBLY important. And NOWHERE in the Bible does it say to hate gays.

3. I'm also SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK and TIRED of people believing everything the media tells them. Mrs. Goodfellow, I hear that you're fairly liberal, right? Well, then you of all people should understand the detrimental effect of the media. How many honest-to-goodness-love-to-worship-Christ-and-want-to-follow-Him-in-every-way-sorta Christians do you know? And I'm not talking about the religious Christians that think Christianity is all about tithing and going to church and keeping up a facade. NO. I'm talking about Christians who truly have a heart for God and want to lead a life fully ascribed to Christ. If you know any, you know they're NOTHING like you see on the media.

Christians should be [and really awesome ones are] characterized by the fruits of the Spirit [fruits of the Spirit meaning that they are living their life under His wing and thus, their life is yielding such fruit]: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." Galatians 5:22-23.

Christians are called to exhibit such behaviour at ALL times. Granted we don't because we're human and everyone makes mistakes, but a Christian's life should be characterized by these traits because they are following God.

And how often do you see that sort of family or person portrayed as a Christian on TV? You don't. You might see "Christians" on TV, but they don't act like that.

Plus, you have to keep in mind that as with any belief group, we all have different interpretations. While I'm offering the fairly popular interpretation, there are far more radical groups out there that concentrate more on the legalism than the love. And there are other groups that concentrate more on the love than the legalism.

The point is to have a balance.

Anyway, point is that the groups you're always exposed to and hearing about are the ones that are at either extreme.

But how often do you hear about the other percentage? How often do you see them on TV? You don't.

4. I was really upset in making this post, and I'm sorry if it was offensive. I in no way mean to offend you. But I can't help but think the idea of Christianity you have is GROSSLY wrong.

I'm not saying Christians can't be wrong; Lord knows [literally] that I've done several things I'm not proud of.

But before you start saying how God hates fags, please reconsider your words. Nowhere does it say in the Bible that God hates homosexuality.

In fact, the only time i can remember seeing the word HATE added to God was talking about Esau. "Esau I have hated" or something like that. And even THEN, the term isn't meant by emotion.

The way God loves people is the same way a Father loves a child.

Ever read the story of the Prodigal Son? [Luke 15: 11-32] The love the father shows in that story is the same as God shows us.

5. This is my own personal take on the homosexuality thing: Can i agree with the act? No. Will I say anything about it? No, because i lack the audacity. I don't tell straight people not to commit bedroom sins, so why am I gonna say it to a gay couple? Will I love a gay person as much as I love any of my friends or anyone else I meet? Yes. Probably moreso that a stranger because they know what it feels like to be prejudged.

Also of note:
While God sees all sin the same in the sense that they are all blemishes on our record, I also want to point out that no one is free from said blemishes. So someone committing a gay act is the same as someone else telling a lie against his neighbor or stealing music.
When Christ appeared and came to fulfill the law, He brought some pretty hefty revelations to people. Among them: sacrifices were not necessary to be close with God any longer; religious ceremony meant nothing if it was done with no heart and no love for God. It's a theory that Christianity grows with humanity. For example: when people were first starting out, Cain kills Abel out of jealousy. Now, primitive people, having done this, would have been the first to feel the difference between right and wrong. And yet, God knew. But did He kill Cain? No. Did He judge him for not knowing the sin he committed? No. God punished Cain for his sin, but I would say quite fairly. And even though He punished Cain, He still watched over him and was with him. Why? Because God gets it better than you or I. And as humanity grows and changes, you can see God moving for us to grow. Just like a Dad gives his kid more privileges and responsibilities as the kid grows older. Just like He teaches the kid more as the kid is able to understand more. Another example: people were ready for a solid set of laws, so God gives them the 10 commandments. People are ready [well, not so much ready as much as needed] Christ, and down God came as a man to die for our sins. As we grow, so God moves.

Not because He's afraid of us or needs us or because He's powerless to stop our knowledge as we grow. But because He loves us.

Something that always stung me was when people would say, "I don't believe in a God that needs me to believe in Him so He can feel better." Or whatever to that effect. Basically that they don't believe in a God that needs us to make Himself feel better.

But what they fail to realize is that God doesn't need us. But He loves us.

If you're a mom, you know the kind of love you have for your kids. Inexplicable. So strong with no words. Now could you imagine how God feels with SO many kids? The time He put into each human being to create every hair?

And could you even begin to imagine the pain when not one, or two, but several thousands and millions and billions say to Him, "I don't need you. I hate you. You're a liar. And you need me. Give me my share of your estate and die already." [Last line courtesy of the Prodigal Son Parable].

Even if you don't believe in Christ, could you imagine the pain He felt in dying on the cross with the people that He believes He was saying all spitting at Him and cursing His name?

Anyway, just wanted to point out that God is different than most people think. And it's my honest conviction that even though we can "live" without Him and do our own thing and spit in His face without ever feeling any "REAL" repercussions, we never know real life until we know Him.

PS-- all those points where I said "we" and "you" are mostly meant as the general population. I in NO way think you spat in God's face, and I in NO way think that you're a horrible person of any sort. If anything when I say "we" and "you," I'm talking about myself.

Lord knows [again, literally] how much I've done to dishonor Him.

[And another PS-- when I say things like "I don't deserve God's grace" or that I've been such a dishonor or that I'm such a screw-up, it's not because God "makes" me feel this way. if anything, He tells us not to mope and lament ourselves but rather be beacons of light and joy because we've been forgiven. it's not like He's got this super-ego and wants to make me feel guilty so He can be happy.

It's more like when I'm worshipping God that I feel whole and happy. And that's not some sick dependence thing either... it's just a joy you can't get from anything else in life. You just can't. And I feel like I'm so unworthy because that feeling is just... indescribable. it's probably as close to Heaven as anyone can get.]

anyway, post questions or angry response. and again, sorry if i offended you. wasn't my intention. but the way you were talking about God hating fags... that's the same, for me, as someone telling me World War II didn't happen or that the Holocaust was a joke or that we don't need water to live.

again, sorry if I offended you, but I couldn't keep my mouth shut on this one.

innocenceNonus Posted: Fri Feb 2 19:18:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:
>while you're at it make sure you keep your children from becoming fags by listening to all those fag making bands
>
>http://lovegodsway.org/SafeBands
>
>and for the lazy ppl here are the fag making bands
>

>Bands to watch out for...

Just wanted to say that I like/ LOVE the following bands... UH OH!! I MUST BE TURNING GAY!

>Queen
>The Strokes
>Sufjan Stevens
>Jay-Z
>Depeche Mode
>John Mayer
>Eminem
>Nirvana
>The Killers
>Thirty Seconds to Mars
>Arcade Fire
>Bright Eyes
>Panic at the Disco

Also wanted to comment on one of the "safe" ones:

>Dresden Dolls

WHAt?!?!?! Apparently, he's never listened to them. Coin-operated boy is often linked with dildos; and several songs are definitely not G-rated... Queen's cleaner than them... Plus, the lead singer is somewhat of an exhibitionist, and her sexual partner is the drummer [which, btw, is a fact not kept behind doors AT ALL].

addi Posted: Fri Feb 2 20:23:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:

>God doesn't hate "fags." And Christians don't hate fags either.

I don't believe you can speak for god, and there are millions of "christians" that do hate fags. I know what I speak of.
There are lots of christians that don't for sure (like you), but to lump all christians altogether is just plain incorrect.
I've stated this here before...my younger brother is gay and he had absolutely no choice in the matter. He was gay from day 1. Several of my family members are very conservative fundamentalists and they believe he is sinning with his "chosen" lifestyle. They will act friendly when we are family gatherings, but it's obvious that a wall exists between them because of his sinful nature.

and you don't agree with the act? What does that mean anyway? That it's a sin in god's eyes, but you'll love them anyway? I'm straight, and the thought of having sex with a guy is something I can't understand or relate to, but agreeing or not agreeing with their sexual preference has nothing to do with it. Like I said, he had no choice in the matter. There's nothing to agree with. If you believe in God, then HE made him that way...so take your not agreeing to him and not those that had zero choice in the matter.

*and I should know better than to post after 2 margaritas.

peace innocence

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Feb 2 20:23:08 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i believe that there are extremists in all relegions. My father is catholic and not a creepy bible thumbing freak. i was actually trying to be silly the guy - donnie davies - is actually a comedian named Joey Oglesby. I did a little net searching after the posting.

i didn't enjoy the lecture on christianity.

again.

i have a general dislike of relegions as they encourage a us against them attitude.

i was christian for years believe or not. and i thought the message and the ppl who were authentically trying to be christ-like were nice to hang out with. i still have christian friends and we flame each other but i don't disrepect them.

and being a southern i am exposed to some hardcore "christian" assholes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnie_Davies

listen... i am bisexual i posted that as a title because that is part of the song. i don't hold that belief if i did i'd be part of the really fucked up evenglical right being homophobic and then having gay lovers on the side.

and you are being a jerk about this whole ordeal. i was raised with quiet homeschooling christians who loved god and held quiet sunday readings at their and neighbors houses. and did truly and humbly follow christ and god.

i know about the bible as i was raised by a christian. you need to chillax. you seriously need to chillax woman.

if this was a thread about muslims and flaming them how enraged would you or anybody else be. yeah didn't think so.

i know what jesus has done and who he "hung" out with. my beef isn't with YOU or any other sweet humble god loving christian....

damn read the fucking sites before you decide these are my fucking views.

fine i'm not offended but you were even around when i posted about being involved with a woman and how i dislike the laws against same sex marriage or do those posts not matter.

this is so sad.

i posted the article as a - wow this is fucked up - type of thing. not as a here these are my views about christians and god.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Feb 2 20:28:11 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I don't believe you can speak for god, and there are millions of "christians" that do hate fags. I know what I speak of.
>There are lots of christians that don't for sure (like you), but to lump all christians altogether is just plain incorrect.

thank you addison. i've had issues with christians hating me as well.

innocenceNonus Posted: Fri Feb 2 21:20:00 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I don't believe you can speak for god, and there are millions of "christians" that do hate fags. I know what I speak of.

but if we're going off the basis of Christianity as the Bible and using that as a guideline for what God says for Christians, you can't find anything close to "God hates fags" in the Bible. It says He hates sexual immmorality, and in past culture homosexuality was lumped with that.

and "Christians" who "hate fags" are sinning as much as anyone else. but people who truly desire to follow Christ wouldn't hate homosexuals.

i'm not saying there aren't people who wave the Bible and say God hates fags. I'm just saying that it's not a Biblical or Christian thing.

Seperation of religion/ relligious culture versus relationship/ spirituality.

And just as others find stereotypes polarizing and often false, i think it's the same in this case.

if we're talking about religious legalism, ok, i get it. but that's not Christianity either.

are we going by the cultural definition of christianity? the media definition? or the definition that a Christian is a follower of Christ? because if we're going with the last one, the cconclusions that God hates gays and that Christians do too is false.

I'm not trying to generalize either. But i don't consider legalists or those who say that the religion is merely a collection of traditions as Christians. and there are many churches and Christians who would agree.

>and you don't agree with the act? What does that mean anyway?

Honestly? It means that I don't know how I feel about the subject. Honestly, it means I'm not against homosexuality and that's it. And honestly? I think that I don't know enough to make a decision on whether or not it follows the faith.

After all, King David loved Jonathan more than he did any woman.

A lot of thoughts get jumbled about all of this, and I dunno what I think yet. So I simply give no input except that I think the hatred and reservement of rights and privileges for the straight are wrong.

>If you believe in God, then HE made him that way...so take your not agreeing to him and not those that had zero choice in the matter.
>

Was that not the whole point? Do you really think I'd resent someone for something they have no choice in?

lol. It's not like I've been living under a rock my whole life. I have gay friends, and I have straight friends.

And honestly, i think i will always struggle with this issue. But, like you said, agreeing or disagreeing isn't the point. At least, it isn't for me. For me, the point is that they're just as human as you or me, and I accept them as however they are. And what I would say to them is the same as I would say to anyone else, which does not concern the bedroom because it's frankly none of my business.

In other words, I'm pulling a Switzerland and remaining neutral until I can decide how i feel about the issue itself. But until then, I feel as if it's more important to know the person than their sexuality. Does that make sense?

Like depeche mode says, people are people. and as a christian, I'm called to love all people, regardless of sexuality or past histories or present situations.

>
>*and I should know better than to post after 2 margaritas.
>
>peace innocence

FN Posted: Fri Feb 2 21:28:54 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:
>goth and gay aren't the same thing.

Just like butter and margerine

innocenceNonus Posted: Fri Feb 2 21:38:36 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:
>i have a general dislike of relegions as they encourage a us against them attitude.
>

i agree. but i don't think Christianity is us against them. humanity has developed and so has the religion, and as far as any of us know [based on the Bible] the new testament [for Christianity] is the last we have of God speaking to us on Earth in a written word that we use as a staple. And if you read it... I dunno. I fail to see the us vs. them.

>and being a southern i am exposed to some hardcore "christian" assholes.
>

same. but for every jerk, there's been tens upon tens that haven't been like that. and i know that you know what it's like to be labeled and judged as something you're not. and for me, it's hard to sit by and watch it happen.

>and you are being a jerk about this whole ordeal. i was raised with quiet homeschooling christians who loved god and held quiet sunday readings at their and neighbors houses. and did truly and humbly follow christ and god.
>

ok, i get that. but then how could you forward such an awful stereotype so easily? especially after knowing it's really not as true as it's made out to be.

>if this was a thread about muslims and flaming them how enraged would you or anybody else be. yeah didn't think so.
>

i dunno if you read the Racial Profiling thread, but i was pretty enraged. like i said in response to addi, regardless of religion or sexuality or anything like that, we are called to love our neighbors. and if someone was attacking muslims and their beliefs, i'd be pretty darn pissed. and the christians i know would be too. because, while we were called to disciple to all nations, we were first called to love God and then to love our neighbor. and those're the most important things.

sorry if i seem repetitive or that i'm lecturing again; after all, you probably already know all of this, but once i'm on a roll... eh. we haven't talked much, but to be honest, i'm a bit of a firestarted.

>damn read the fucking sites before you decide these are my fucking views.
>

i did read them. and as far as it seemed, you thought the sites were legit and you were like, "WHAT THE HECK?! THIS IS MESSED UP! Freakin' Christians!" and i was saying that Christians are NOT like this. i wasn't offended by what you said; i was more offended by the fact that people actually think that.

[Here comes the semi-apology part... which always follows the firestarting]

In all fairness, the post wasn't aimed so much at you as it was at the world in general. i have a bad habit of yelling at people when it's not their fault and they're just bringing it up [a lovely habit picked up from family]. that's why most of the you's and we's, etc etc weren't directed at YOU. they were more directed at the public and at myself. the only time i was actually adressing YOU you was when i said that i thought the idea you had of Christians/ Christianity was wrong. and even then, i wasn't mad [sorry if it came off that way] at YOU. it was more like i felt you'd been misinformed.

>fine i'm not offended but you were even around when i posted about being involved with a woman and how i dislike the laws against same sex marriage or do those posts not matter.
>

they do matter. i don't like those laws either.

>i posted the article as a - wow this is fucked up - type of thing. not as a here these are my views about christians and god.

haha. and ironically, i posted my views on christians and god and how messed up those were.

i dunno if what just occured was a ridiculous miscommunication or what. all i know is that i hate the media and that i'm sick and tired of all the judgement going on by all sides. just sick and tired.

and i dunno. i have a tendency to lecture too. or "get preachy." whichever floats the boat best.

sweet p Posted: Fri Feb 2 21:52:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  haha.
i didn't read anything on this thread except this and it made me laugh:

>If you're a mom, you know the kind of love you have for your kids. Inexplicable. So strong with no words. Now could you imagine how God feels with SO many kids? The time He put into each human being to create every hair?

haha. god so totally has favourites.

innocenceNonus Posted: Fri Feb 2 21:53:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>haha.
>i didn't read anything on this thread except this and it made me laugh:
>
>>If you're a mom, you know the kind of love you have for your kids. Inexplicable. So strong with no words. Now could you imagine how God feels with SO many kids? The time He put into each human being to create every hair?
>
>haha. god so totally has favourites.

eh... for some reason, i kinda want to agree... well, at least we'd see it that way. sure God doesn't.

addi Posted: Fri Feb 2 22:29:58 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:

>but if we're going off the basis of Christianity as the Bible and using that as a guideline for what God says for Christians, you can't find anything close to "God hates fags" in the Bible.

I'm a bit more sober now. I hope god doesn't hate occational drinkers : )

anyhoo....
You've opened up a whole nuther topic with that statement. if you asked these christians that hate homosexuals if they're using the Bible as their guideline they would say "Of course I am!". They sincerely believe they are following what is right in god's eyes.
So when I speak of Christians I'm speaking about those that profess a faith in God, Jesus, and the Bible. If you want to start a discussion on who does and doesn't hold god's truth based on specific individual interpretations of the scriptures then you've opened up a whole new can of worms. I listened to sermons growing up where our pastor used biblical passages to preach to us that catholics and episcopalians weren't really christians.
I personally know several believers that would say (after reading your post) that you're not really a christian for having doubts about homosexuals, when the bible is crystal clear about it. My point is you can get all sorts of varying beliefs about specific doctrines of Christian beliefs depending on who you talk to, but each would claim they have the true interpretation, and that satan has clouded the minds of anyone that believes otherwise.

And it doesn't take any great leap of faith for these christians to believe "God hates fags". The verses dealing with the evilness of sins are too great to mention. There are several verses also that christians interpret as homosexuality being a grave sin. So equating being gay with sinning, god hating sins, therefore god hates homosexuality, is an easy step for them to make. I'm not justifying that view, just pointing out that these christians would find it easy to justify their beliefs based on their own "correct" view of the Biblical teachings.

my downfall from christianity started when I began questioning...a VERY dangerous thing to do when it comes to faith in any religion. Ask any muslim.

hug

innocenceNonus Posted: Fri Feb 2 22:57:40 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>And it doesn't take any great leap of faith for these christians to believe "God hates fags". The verses dealing with the evilness of sins are too great to mention. There are several verses also that christians interpret as homosexuality being a grave sin. So equating being gay with sinning, god hating sins, therefore god hates homosexuality, is an easy step for them to make. I'm not justifying that view, just pointing out that these christians would find it easy to justify their beliefs based on their own "correct" view of the Biblical teachings.
>

lol. Jesus turned water into wine... i think He'd understand.

And yeah, I know what you mean. I thought about that too [how people justify hating homosexuals based on the Bible]... and to that,

"Then I hate SINNERS. And that means everyone. including myself. SUCK ON THAT!"

somehow, i think the phrase "suck on that" might not be liked too much by El Jesus. : /

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Feb 2 23:12:13 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>i dunno if what just occured was a ridiculous miscommunication or what.

yeah i think that's what happened really.

i really wish i could meet these nice nonjudging christians you know. I've not known any new ones outside my old homeschooling circle. but i believe they do exist but they are really hard to find around here.

there is a exclusion factor in christianity.

you have be saved to go to heaven or you're going to hell.

mormons have guidelines for young ppl (teens) which include "refraining" from homosexual and lesbian activities. To quote:

"Homosexual and lesbian activities are sinful and an abomination to the Lord (see Romans 1:26–27, 31). Unnatural affections including those toward persons of the same gender are counter to God's eternal plan for his children. You are responsible to make right choices. Whether directed toward those of the same or opposite gender, lustful feelings and desires may lead to more serious sins. All Latter-day Saints must learn to control and discipline themselves."

http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,30-1-7-5,00.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_Homosexuality

"The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church states that "homosexual practice is incompatible with Christian teachings,""

there is any texts that christians against gays and lesbians use. Leviticus 18 and 21, Romans 1, 1st Timothy 1:10, 1st Corinthians 6:9-10 and Jude 7. the bible is truly based on how ppl read it and from what they have decided is "right" or "wrong".

anyway.

DanSRose Posted: Fri Feb 2 23:36:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sufjan Stevens? What the fuck?

innocenceNonus Posted: Sat Feb 3 01:57:27 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>Sufjan Stevens? What the fuck?

when i saw that, i started laughing.

especially because he has a Christmas CD... AHAHAHAHAHA. i want it. : (

but i am poor.

innocenceNonus Posted: Sat Feb 3 02:14:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:

>i really wish i could meet these nice nonjudging christians you know.

come visit. : D and then you can meet addi too. and we'll have a big GT party.

>but they are really hard to find around here.

i think that it all depends on what church a person goes to and how they interpret the Word. [truthiness??] but i think that in the end, if you really think about it and really want to live a life like Christ, you wouldn't be all crazy hater...

>you have be saved to go to heaven or you're going to hell.
>

yeah, i see what you mean. personally, i feel like that point is not so much us vs. them as much as it is... i dunno. kinda hard to explain. like, rather than letting a hateful divide come up, i think Christians should still be in the world and working to make it better in positive ways. and christianity, while the "salvation" deal is a big point, is not about the after-life for me. i think that Christ wanted us to focus on our life on Earth and live it the best we can, making as positive an impact as we are called to. and the salvation thing is kinda like "yeah, that's like a perk or something."

personally, i think God can be the only final judge cause He can see things i can't, ya know? each man judged according to his own measure... but i think the big part about being "saved" isn't necessarily being "Christian" so much as it is living a life for Christ and developing a relationship and knowing Him.

>mormons have guidelines for young ppl (teens) which include "refraining" from homosexual and lesbian activities. To quote:
>
>"Homosexual and lesbian activities are sinful and an abomination to the Lord (see Romans 1:26–27, 31). Unnatural affections including those toward persons of the same gender are counter to God's eternal plan for his children. You are responsible to make right choices. Whether directed toward those of the same or opposite gender, lustful feelings and desires may lead to more serious sins. All Latter-day Saints must learn to control and discipline themselves."
>
>http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,30-1-7-5,00.html
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_Homosexuality
>
>"The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church states that "homosexual practice is incompatible with Christian teachings,""
>

Personally, i think the only source we can really count on is the Bible, and, for me, if it's not in there, I'm not gonna even touch it. And even the stuff in the Bible I think we have to constantly look at and study and refine our understanding of... Because, as everyone knows, ppl have a tendency to screw up [especially good things].

>there is any texts that christians against gays and lesbians use. Leviticus 18 and 21, Romans 1, 1st Timothy 1:10, 1st Corinthians 6:9-10 and Jude 7. the bible is truly based on how ppl read it and from what they have decided is "right" or "wrong".
>

agreed. the sad part is how people blow up certain parts and pay NO attention to others. they just read and assume what they want... totally out of context. that's why i think if anyone reads the Bible in context, they should arrive to similar conclusions.

something i always found funny was how much the Bible emphasizes obedience to parents and honoring them. in the olden Biblical times, if you were bad/ disobedient to the maxx, you could be stoned.

and yet, rather than ppl taking note of that, we take the few [few in comparison] passages against homosexuality and blow it up to make it seem like all God does is want to smite people who sin that way...

Let's not forget how ppl like to ignore "no adultery" and "don't lie against your neighbor." And like to pick up on something like "don't be gay!" [which the Bible doesn't even say-- technically, it's against the sexual acts] which isn't even a PART of the ten commandments.

OMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

another Christian rant from yours truly.

again, nothing directed at anyone in particular. at all.

Ahriman Posted: Sat Feb 3 05:20:36 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like beets and rain drops... :)

DanSRose Posted: Sat Feb 3 06:01:38 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sufjan Stevens is known for being a positive musician who innovative indie rock and happens to be Christian (like most people in America) and religious (like most people in America) and he puts it into his music.

To say all Christians are blind and vicious and bigoted is to ignore that most aren't and you are sticking your fingers in your ears to the nuance that is the human persona.
I think it's a stupid thing to say.

addi Posted: Sat Feb 3 06:39:23 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:

>come visit. : D and then you can meet addi too. and we'll have a big GT party.

Off Topic:
I have this dream about all of us meeting sometime at some cool place and spending a weekend together, drinking, laughing, having heated debates, and getting to know each other in person...face to face. It's not going to happen, but I still think about it.

On topic:
I wonder if God hates GTers?

choke Posted: Sat Feb 3 08:28:53 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
I could so imagine elbowing Christophe in the ribs.

And is that your son? Because I think we've hungout.

addi Posted: Sat Feb 3 08:49:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>And is that your son? Because I think we've hungout.

lol
yes it is.
And you did hang out. He told me you were a delicious young woman...personality wise.

innocenceNonus Posted: Sat Feb 3 09:26:16 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Off-topic: we should have a GT conference... no joke. one weekend at some place, hangin out and bonding [in a friendly way]

On-topic: nah. God doesn't hate anyone. : D

addi Posted: Sat Feb 3 09:56:48 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>Off-topic: we should have a GT conference... no joke. one weekend at some place, hangin out and bonding [in a friendly way]

Mmmmm...bonding : )

>On-topic: nah. God doesn't hate anyone. : D

I think he hates cilantro though

Nikki Posted: Sat Feb 3 11:05:15 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Mrs.Goodfellow said:
>>goth and gay aren't the same thing.
>
>Just like butter and margerine

ha hahhahahahaha that was priceless

how are you all???

I"M BACK!!!!!!!

choke Posted: Sat Feb 3 18:06:27 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *Crickets chirping*

addi Posted: Sat Feb 3 18:47:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>*Crickets chirping*

god hates gay crickets

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Feb 3 21:05:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>>*Crickets chirping*
>
>god hates gay crickets
>
Not really, I don't hate them, I just don't care too much for their crunchiness.
:-)

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Feb 3 23:02:50 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i would love to meet addison. but i really can't bond with most ppl. i don't have many of them around as friends or even as ppl i'd hang with. i've just built specifics for what i believe would be friend material and i stick to it. i won't veer (anymore) for anything. if the person is a boozer and a druggie (ppl of my generation) and a zealot then i just don't talk to them unless i pass them in the grocery store. i'm nice and pretend that i'll actually hang out with them. but i turn my cell off when they call...

besides if i had a free week i think i'd go to the beach and chill out by myself just crabhunting and fishing sleeping on the beach under the stars and letting the saltwater and sand lightly dredlock my hair. like i did every summer until i turned 14. when i cam home i'd have shells and sharks teeth and etc coming slowly out from combings and etc.

gay crickets taste better then straight ones....

innocenceNonus Posted: Sun Feb 4 03:56:30 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hahahaha. just like vegetarians smell better than meat eaters... : )

addi Posted: Sun Feb 4 06:07:35 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:
>i would love to meet addison.

me too. he owes me money

thanks madame goodfellow

there's a number of you regulars here I'd love to meet. I want to experience the added dimension of interacting in person, that you just can't get over the net. There's no subsitute for hearing a person's voice, and laugh, and looking into their eyes, and actually giving them a real hug.
But we're spread out all over and everyone is busy getting on with their own lives so I know it's a pipe dream.

ahh well...c'est la vie

addi Posted: Sun Feb 4 06:25:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>hahahaha. just like vegetarians smell better than meat eaters... : )

this explains why a women alone with me in the elevator last week licked her lips and said "I smell meat".

I need to buy some Pam vegetable spray and use it as a cologne.

J. Posted: Sun Feb 4 08:07:37 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  

Who is this "God" and "Him" and "His" and "Father" you guys keep debating about?

I believe my God is a "She". Definitely. No doubt.

*wink*

addi Posted: Sun Feb 4 08:25:57 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suenos said:

>I believe my God is a "She". Definitely. No doubt.

please give me Her email address. I have a few questions.

innocenceNonus Posted: Sun Feb 4 09:20:35 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>innocenceNonus said:
>>hahahaha. just like vegetarians smell better than meat eaters... : )
>
>this explains why a women alone with me in the elevator last week licked her lips and said "I smell meat".
>
>I need to buy some Pam vegetable spray and use it as a cologne.

errr... i dunno how to interpret that, but i was being serious. vegetarians smell better than meat eaters.

J. Posted: Sun Feb 4 09:30:13 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Addi, here’s God’s email address:

God@hotmail.com

For those who are Catholic, you might have to send an email to Pope at whatever.vatican.com first, and he'll forward it to God.

(Remember to turn that "notify me when read" feature on in Outlook, just to make sure you know She's paying attention!)

addi Posted: Sun Feb 4 10:26:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:

>errr... i dunno how to interpret that,

when in doubt about interpreting my posts it's generally safe to assume either the sarcastic or "gutter" interpretations..whichever you're more comfortable with.

>but i was being serious.vegetarians smell better than meat eaters.

i doubted this so I did a test on your theory. My tennis partner is a carnivore and his daughter is a vegitarian. I went over to their house and sniffed her, and then took a good whiff of him.
She definately won that test.

addi Posted: Sun Feb 4 10:31:20 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suenos said:
>Mr. Addi, here’s God’s email address:
>
>God@hotmail.com

I took you up on this and composed a thoughtful and respectful email. I received a reply instantly. She said I'm in deep doo-doo for some of my thoughts about women, but added that I smell pretty good for being a meat eater.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sun Feb 4 11:38:47 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Basically you're both wrong :D

If (and only if) there was a God, It wouldn't be man of female but a "hermafrodite" (not quite sure if it's the right english word, but I mean both men and female)

And it basically found a way to reproduce on it's own (gross but true), creating Adam and Eve ...
Those two being totally messed up because they only had one parent.
(= reason why humanity is fucked up)

Also two arguements of god beiing a "heshe":
- Like men, God likes to neglect the fact that there's work to be done ...
-Like a woman, God lies, otherwise she would have never told Addi he smelles pretty good for a meat eater ...

But that's just my point of vieuw ;)

J. Posted: Sun Feb 4 11:41:58 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Addi, I am going to be online for another hour. Wonder if I can talk with you via YIM?

addi Posted: Sun Feb 4 12:43:26 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suenos said:
>Mr. Addi, I am going to be online for another hour. Wonder if I can talk with you via YIM?

MSN is cool. I only talk with co-workers and she-gods on YIM.

J. Posted: Sun Feb 4 23:12:54 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>I only talk with co-workers and she-gods on YIM.
>
>: )

I am sorry I didn't know that. Please accept my apology.

addi Posted: Mon Feb 5 06:56:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suenos said:

>I am sorry I didn't know that. Please accept my apology.

Only if it's done in person.

*and I promise I'll only eat vegetables the week before.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Feb 5 08:59:48 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  One thing people might consider, especially when viewing the name of this thread and the topics being covered.
If you know anything about how Jesus lived his life, he didn't hate anyone regardless of what they had done or how they lived their life.

misszero Posted: Mon Feb 12 17:57:37 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  >Morrissey(?questionable?) -wtf??

hahaha. I pretty sure morrissey single-handedly made my best friend gay. Well, maybe a combination of Morrissey and Kate Bush.

ahahahahahaha.

son-perdition Posted: Mon Apr 16 20:44:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  anyone who does not have the Holy Spirit will probrably have the same fate on judgement day as a fag. here is a final end time propehcy http://jesus-survival.com/Abomination-desolation.htm

Nikki Posted: Wed Apr 23 15:55:54 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  God doesn't hate them, but they shouldn't be allowed to procreate - it's disgusting! eeewwww

Nikki Posted: Tue Apr 29 14:45:21 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  son-perdition said:
>anyone who does not have the Holy Spirit will probrably have the same fate on judgement day as a fag. here is a final end time propehcy http://jesus-survival.com/Abomination-desolation.htm

God ANOTHER IDIOT??

Mesh Posted: Tue Apr 29 20:23:01 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lol, I wonder how the Motor City Madman would feel about being on that list.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]