Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

five things...
beetlebum Posted: Fri Mar 9 11:46:34 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you are loving right now. (inspired by p. i bumped up the number by two :D)

1. the blooming dogwoods-- their scent on the spring air is just stunning.

2. the sun. we have had it for the past three days. and oh, i can't get enough.

3. clementines. because they are juicy and sweet and just a quality fruit all around.

4. chocolate covered strawberries. delicious.

5. my sister's lacrosse sweatshirt. i decided to bum around in it today, and it's still so soft after four years of wear. right on.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Fri Mar 9 13:06:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. Paint

2. soap

3. A free day right in front of the weekend :)

4. The music playing at the moment

5. The sun, always

choke Posted: Fri Mar 9 14:58:12 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. My flatmates (they carried me to bed)

2. Eggs (we played egg toss on our stairs)

3. Dressing gowns

4. Leaves

5. My mum (just texted me)

choke Posted: Fri Mar 9 15:00:08 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>
>5. my sister's lacrosse sweatshirt. i decided to bum around in it today, and it's still so soft after four years of wear. right on.
>
>
>

I managed to acquire someones football sweatshirt whilst overseas and to date it is the most comfortable thing I've ever worn. Gosh I love people that do sports and makes clothes wonderful :D

Posted: Fri Mar 9 18:07:35 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. the new (quite leaked; comes out in May) Wilco album (inquire within)

2. rollerblading weather

3. The Detroit Tigers' spring training record

4. the puppy having good dreams at the foot of my bed

5. the prospect of a new career in the making

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Mar 9 22:39:38 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Not necessarily in order of importance:

1. Spring fast approaching

2. The Louisville Cardinals improving just in time for March Madness

3. Watching the Downy woodpecker and the family of bright red cardinals on my feeders from the nice comfortable chair on my deck.

4. Starbucks peppermint mocha

5. My wife, my wonderful, wonderful wife.

FN Posted: Sat Mar 10 12:47:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1 my penis. Seriously, pissing against a tree is being one with nature.

2 My ever so soft yet firm chair. It was worth killing a cow for with my bare hands.

3 My bed. Best bed ever, and I'm in it for several hours a day, beat that.

4 The pants I'm wearing. They're nice.

5 Hif's wife. (I kid, I kid. Let's keep it at driving around with driving music on)

beetlebum Posted: Sat Mar 10 15:27:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>(I kid, I kid. Let's keep it at driving around with driving music on)

mmm, good one. can't wait to drive around with the windows down and the music on. :D

addi Posted: Sun Mar 11 08:10:53 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>5 Hif's wife.

: )

>(I kid, I kid. Let's keep it at driving around with driving music on)

Got to do that a few days ago on the way to tennis. Put the top down, turned on a CD of latin music (thanks to J, hif, and mr. maroon), and let the sun hit my face and wind mess up my hair. Makes driving fun.

innocenceNonus Posted: Sun Mar 11 09:10:02 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  had to do this because I just got into "racism rant" mood and am currently hating the world... well, just the parts of dumbness the world likes to exude on occasion.

1. laughing and telling/ hearing stories from friends... or making stories. nothing beats a good story.

2. Jesus [hahahaha... obligatory]

3. tragic heroes of the homosexual persuasion

4. the resilience of the human spirit

5. briny ocean breeze... which does NOT smell like the potpourri packets they sell... liars.

6. [because i like making shameless plugs... sorta. this one doesn't really count] 300... BEAUTIFUL effects. absolutely gorgeous cinematography. may not have been historically accurate but i managed to find two quotes i've translated in latin class. : ) when the critics said "visual orgasm," they meant it. acting could get a bit fake at times [though surprisingly little for the type of movie it is...], but cinematography and fighting choreography more than made up for it. BEAUTIFUL [in an odd sense of the word] movie.

addi Posted: Sun Mar 11 09:43:20 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:

>2. Jesus [hahahaha... obligatory]

you know he comes to GT and reads this stuff. I bet he's crying right now from your "obligatory" remark

jennemmer Posted: Sun Mar 11 11:04:24 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. The weather feeling like Spring :)

2. Tasty Sunday breakfast at the 'Mom and Pop' type dinner on the corner.

3. My supervisor for giving us a take home exam that covers the topic well but isn't hours and hours of work (and thus allows me to enjoy 1) and 2) above)

4. The fact that this is the last 'for marks' test I ever have to do for my degree.

5. Not having had the TV on once this weekend. The world just seems so much more peaceful without it (I could do without TV but my roommate keeps up with a bunch of shows)

addi Posted: Sun Mar 11 11:48:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:

>2. Tasty

my god, but I do hate that word.

>5. Not having had the TV on once this weekend.

I don't know how in the world you can expect to become a top notch scientist without watching "American Idol".

*For that matter you could learn a lot from Paula Abdul about how to become a proper obediant subserviant wife for Myk too.

beetlebum Posted: Sun Mar 11 11:50:26 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:

>4. The fact that this is the last 'for marks' test I ever have to do for my degree.
>
Not fair!!!

(BUT ALSO, VERY AWESOME.)

beetlebum Posted: Sun Mar 11 11:50:57 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>some stuff

Where are your top five, sir?

addi Posted: Sun Mar 11 11:54:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>Where are your top five, sir?

sheesh...you KNOW I don't perform well under this kind of pressure! Have you forgotten that one time at band camp already?!

anyhoo...I have more than 5, so it would be boring to read.

jennemmer Posted: Sun Mar 11 11:54:52 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>jennemmer said:
>
>>4. The fact that this is the last 'for marks' test I ever have to do for my degree.
>>
>Not fair!!!
>
>(BUT ALSO, VERY AWESOME.)

Well, then there is this whole thesis and dissertation thing ;) ... but it is actually just a pass, fail, or pass with honours if you do really well.

When yours are done, that will be a real reason for celebration.

beetlebum Posted: Sun Mar 11 12:17:23 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>beetlebum said:
>
>>Where are your top five, sir?
>
>sheesh...you KNOW I don't perform well under this kind of pressure! Have you forgotten that one time at band camp already?!
>
>anyhoo...I have more than 5, so it would be boring to read.
>
>: )

excuses! make me happy and list five (or more)!

addi Posted: Sun Mar 11 12:28:26 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>excuses! make me happy

if I had a nickel for every time a woman said that to me...

let me think about it for a while. You know I have very high standards for my posts here. If they're not titilating, evacative, profound, or emotionally moving then I consider them a failure, and I have to beat my bare back with reeds to atone for my transgressions.

beetlebum Posted: Sun Mar 11 12:58:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>
>let me think about it for a while. You know I have very high standards for my posts here. If they're not titilating, evacative, profound, or emotionally moving then I consider them a failure, and I have to beat my bare back with reeds to atone for my transgressions.
>
>: )

awww, no worries if don't wanna. :)

addi Posted: Sun Mar 11 13:40:19 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  five things I'm loving right now...

the day off from work

the amazingly brilliant blue of the two bluebirds outside my window feeding at my birdfeeder.

the priveldge of being able to still run around like a kid at my age and play tennis on such a warm sunny spring day.

talking to my son today on the phone and laughing with him..knowing that he's having a ball on spring break with friends and doing fine.

knowing some pretty cool people here on GT.

*not really titilating i know : )

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun Mar 11 13:55:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  having a day off today -it's been 3 days since me and puck have been able to see each other.

snuggles this morning with Puckster <3

watching David playing with our ferret Panda Bear(he's such a kid at heart :) <3)

our first year together anniversary is the 18th. yay!

dancing in the kitchen with joe crockers "you are so beautiful" playing about 10 min ago.

my birthday is going to rock so much sock! fondue dinner, decemberists concert, wonderful presents, my friends are going to be there, and i have the day off. (april 4th)

whee... i'm off to a picnic on a BEAUTIFUL day. :)

beetlebum Posted: Sun Mar 11 16:45:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>*not really titilating i know : )

bollocks!!!

titillating for sure. :)

(thanks. grin.)

beetlebum Posted: Sun Mar 11 16:45:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mrs.Goodfellow said:
>
>my birthday is going to rock so much sock! fondue dinner, decemberists concert, wonderful presents, my friends are going to be there, and i have the day off. (april 4th)

that does sound pretty awesome!
>

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun Mar 11 19:47:02 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  indeed! only 23 days until my birthday... whee.... puck's birthday was lavish last year and i'm planning to make his 20th even more lavish. I love him dearly and he makes me spend silly amounts of money on him... ;p it's all his fault for being a darling.

Kira Posted: Sun Mar 11 22:20:44 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Flowers.

Peepers.

Breezes.

Finch eggs.

Funny British fantasy novels.

Kira Posted: Sun Mar 11 22:21:45 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Jenn, you are encased in ice! Who did that to you?!

innocenceNonus Posted: Mon Mar 12 04:39:12 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>innocenceNonus said:
>
>>2. Jesus [hahahaha... obligatory]
>
>you know he comes to GT and reads this stuff. I bet he's crying right now from your "obligatory" remark

well, i only meant that it was obligatory in the sense that Jesus is so cool... you just kinda HAVE to love Him...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! DON'T CRY, BABY JESUS!!!

[i'm in LOVE with Talladega Nights... only because it breathes of home/ GA]

addi Posted: Mon Mar 12 08:11:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:

>well, i only meant that it was obligatory in the sense that Jesus is so cool... you just kinda HAVE to love Him...

Jesus to innocence:
"You think I'm gorgeous, you want to kiss me... You want to hug me... You want to love me... You want to hug me... You want to smooch me... You want to..."

*stolen from "Miss Congeniality"

beetlebum Posted: Mon Mar 12 08:23:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>*stolen from "Miss Congeniality"
>

thanks for citing. (it helps the slower folks... including me.) :D

innocenceNonus Posted: Mon Mar 12 22:13:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>*stolen from "Miss Congeniality"
>

plagiarist. the artistic elite DESPISE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk : )

Ahriman Posted: Tue Mar 13 01:56:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. Nudity. Can't wait to work out in the sun with only shorts on.

2. My Honey Bunny. Huh bah.

3. New chef knife. Cause I'm a culinary dork.

4. The spiced nuts I made for my extremely complex salad today. Pecans, walnuts, and sliced almonds sauteed in peanut oil. Taken off heat. Add chinese five spice, ginger, sugar, and salt to taste. Toss. Place in low heat oven to keep warm for service.

5. Stars. I saw them last night for the first time in a long time. Between winter clouds and city lights. Out in the country. My real home. Everything in my body melted when I stared at the sky.

had to add another

6. GT. Hugs for all. 230lbs and below get to be picked up when hugged.

choke Posted: Tue Mar 13 02:03:13 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>
>6. GT. Hugs for all. 230lbs and below get to be picked up when hugged.

What is that in kg?

Ahriman Posted: Tue Mar 13 02:16:11 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Like two kegs

Ahriman Posted: Tue Mar 13 02:17:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  104.32625 kg??? haha maybe?

antartica Posted: Tue Mar 13 06:38:33 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  5 things eh...

1. the prospect that i'm gonna be out of work from 26 March (i'm on my last stint offshore for my present company right now) - i'm looking forward to having bugger all to do for a while...

2. the prospect of another job that could be coming up... paying grossly well... won't say how much but it's at least 5.5 times my present basic salary

3. my Transformers collection... and it's still growing

4. my life in general...

5. all you cool cats :)

jennemmer Posted: Tue Mar 13 10:25:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Jenn, you are encased in ice! Who did that to you?!

Two friends ;)
It's actually from the "Ice Bar" in London where I got taken for my birthday.

Ahriman Posted: Tue Mar 13 16:13:23 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  cool beans

Ice is actually melting out here. woo hoo. B-lo, NY is warming up.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Mar 14 18:50:52 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey was it the absolut icebar?

sweet p Posted: Wed Aug 8 23:10:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>you are loving right now. (inspired by p. i bumped up the number by two :D)

YAY!

ok:

1 - home; Toronto, Ontario, Canada. [i recently got back from the states and i am SO happy to be home. i love Chicago for the river through the city and the skyscrapers. yet there were so many things i disliked this time around. what's with the awful public transportation and cars honking all the time and no recycling bins and smoking IN RESTAURANTS and people talking about terrorists and pepsi everywhere? the people were friendly at least]

2 - cycling [!!!]

3 - annoying my family with new "green" ideas and rules around the house.

4 - photo slideshow parties.

5 - lying on the grass and listening to oldies.

sweet p Posted: Wed Aug 8 23:15:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh. one more thing.
i know this is against the topic of the thread but it's really bothering me.

how do you guys deal with the horrible weather reports in the states?! [i only saw the weather centre channel]
they are damn useless and awful and they repeat the same damn useless information over and over and over again.

Mesh Posted: Thu Aug 9 01:08:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>oh. one more thing.
>i know this is against the topic of the thread but it's really bothering me.
>
>how do you guys deal with the horrible weather reports in the states?! [i only saw the weather centre channel]
>they are damn useless and awful and they repeat the same damn useless information over and over and over again.

My headaches, my bad knee, my eyes, my ears, and my common sense and ability to see patterns help me determine what the weather is going to be like. I am quite accurate, really.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Aug 9 01:17:00 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>oh. one more thing.
>i know this is against the topic of the thread but it's really bothering me.
>
>how do you guys deal with the horrible weather reports in the states?!

i think the weather channel repeats because it's the weather channel. i mean how much weather is there to report? lol.

but it's funny you say that. i was *glad* to get back to the states and our weather reports. maybe they are a little overdramatic, but they are local. in england it is like, "here is the weather for all of england and scotland and ireland" and then they do europe. and i just wanted to know the weather for oxford!

Mesh Posted: Thu Aug 9 01:19:14 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh, and

1. Chris Isaak

2. That stupid bitch :(

3. My friends. Best lot of people I could ever hope to associate with. Seriously. They have their faults, and boy, some of them REALLY have their faults, but who doesn't? When it comes down to it, good god damn people who will always be there and be willing to help. Trustworthy and loyal. Hard to find good people these days, it seems. Cherish the ones I can find so so much. I'm a better person just having them as friends.

4. My metabolism. With my voracious appetite, boy I can really eat. I do get plenty of exercise, but if it weren't for that metabolism, all the exercise in the world wouldn't keep me from getting a little extra dough.

5. The outdoors. Townlake, The Green Belt, McKinney Falls State Park, and all of the very lovely, beautiful outdoor GREEN spots here around Austin. Also, canoeing and kayaking. Mmmmm good stuff.

Also to ad a sixth
6. You guys. lolol brownnosing

addi Posted: Thu Aug 9 07:22:03 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:

>how do you guys deal with the horrible weather reports in the states?! [i only saw the weather centre channel]

For one thing you were watching the wrong channel. Watch the weather forecast on Fox News when you're here. They're always right, even when they're wrong.

You can tell a lot about a country though just watching their weather reports.
In China they control the weather. If the weather dares to deviate from the prediction they shoot it.
In Jamaica they just smile and say, "It's gonna be hot, mon..just like yesterday and every other day."
In France they always end every forecast by saying, "The weather here is much more beautiful and cultured than America's weather today."
In Canada they give the daily weather predictions and follow it with, "...If that's okay with you."

sweet p Posted: Thu Aug 9 08:17:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

> in england it is like, "here is the weather for all of england and scotland and ireland" and then they do europe. and i just wanted to know the weather for oxford!

hah. that is exactly exactly how i felt watching the weather centre. the weather network i watch here will obviously repeat their info but it's useful to me! haha
i found that i knew how horribly hot it was in the southern regions of the country all weekend but nothing about the state i was in. if i want to know the current weather conditions, i just walk outside. but when you're on a vacation you want to sorta plan out when to do what [especially if it's supposed to rain. i spent a lot of my time waiting on that damn channel and watching the same thing about 5 times before i got a glimpse of tomorrow's forecast. and most of the time i would get distracted and miss it and have to wait for it to come up again 30 minutes later!
haha

anyway, that was the least of my problems last weekend.

maybe i've just become particular. :S

addi said:
>For one thing you were watching the wrong channel.

i couldn't find the weather on any other channel!

sweet p Posted: Thu Aug 9 08:18:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:

>Also to ad a sixth
>6. You guys. lolol brownnosing

:)
[hi]

addi Posted: Thu Aug 9 09:32:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>i couldn't find the weather on any other channel!

I know...was just joshing you (I was expecting a snide reply back on my Canada weather forcast remark).

Actually it's hit and miss with the Weather Channel here. Sometimes you get lucky and view it at the right time, and other times you have to sit and wait for an eternity for the local weather.
That's why when I need to know the weather immediately I just pull it up on my computer...and for the last week it's totally SUCKED here.

*can't wait for fall to get here

beetlebum Posted: Thu Aug 9 10:16:13 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>
>*can't wait for fall to get here

me, neither. it's been 100 degrees F here for the past few days with sweltering humidity. i'm sure atlanta's worse, but geez. i'm finished with summer. :)

Mesh Posted: Thu Aug 9 13:47:52 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>Mr. Misses said:
>
>>Also to ad a sixth
>>6. You guys. lolol brownnosing
>
>
>:)
>[hi]

Hi! How have you been these last.....however long I've been more or less absent?

Kira Posted: Tue Apr 10 19:11:12 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bleeding hearts.

Periwinkle.

Redbuds.

Sakura.

The irises in my living room.

Kira Posted: Tue Apr 10 19:12:46 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  PS I want to visit a flower farm.

Puck Posted: Wed Apr 11 18:49:38 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. receiving texts and calls, and finding that they're from the person you wanted to hear from

2. dark chocolate anything

3. warm bedding in a cold room
4. wildflowers

The last one is always the hardest because that's when you fully consider everything one final time.

5. having things to look forward to in the future, near and distant.

Spares:
a. songs that are so good that you don't care that singing along at a heartfelt volume makes you lose your voice.

b. trying new foods and finding that they're scrum-diddly-umptious

c. that it quit being crazy hot outside and went back to being 40s-50s in the wee morning hours so I can continue wearing my hoodie&overcoat for just a little bit longer.

d. my family. sure, they're weird, but they're mine and it wouldn't make any sense if they weren't weird.

sweet p Posted: Fri Apr 13 13:53:30 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  un - old black and white photos of my grandparets
deux - peonies
trois - wool socks
quatre - blue ink
cinq - sophrosyne

Puck Posted: Fri Apr 13 14:47:35 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>old black and white photos of my grandparents

I considered that one for a minute, but it's only one school pic of my grandmother wearing badass horn rimmed glasses

Kira Posted: Sat Apr 14 18:56:44 2012 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Soft chairs.

Bare feet.

Chocolate.

An empty, quiet apartment.

Having several job offers to choose from.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]