Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

What's Your Utopia?
addi Posted: Wed Aug 20 15:09:50 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Strange things will pop into my mind from time to time. The other night I was watching a piece on the uniqueness of a section of Bejing and got to thinking about where I now live and what things it doesn't offer as a city that I wished it had. So I started thinking about particular characteristics of my "dream" town/city.
I'll write mine down in a separate post, but am curious about what would make up your perfect place to live? It can be a real place, or it can be a place that you totally make up. Things like population, transportation offered, demographics, surrounding geography, types of local business, cultural attractions, local laws and zoning codes, etc... just let your imagination go wild. Feel free to be vaguely general or really specific...because in this town you're the big kahuna and have final say about everything that goes on.

addi Posted: Wed Aug 20 16:22:30 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My town:

population some where around 200,000 to 300,000 or so.
Cultural and ethnic diverse population, giving it a small town flavor with cosmopolitan feel.
College or university located there.
Geography would be about 3 to 5,000 ft in elevation, with mountains around it. Within city limits would be a lake and large park/green space, with an ampitheatre for concerts and space for art festivals.
It would be a "pet friendly" town, offering green areas for walking/exercise, but fines would be strickly enforced for not picking up after your dog takes a dump.
It would have a distinct city center (square or plaza), with cobblestone or brick pavement, and cars would not be allowed. Getting around in that section would be by walking, by trolley, or horse carriage rides. Light rail (too small to support subway) would be offered to strategic points across the city to encourage public transportation. All streets (including residential) would be required to have sidewalks, and a separate hardtop path/lanes for bikes along major roads.
No restrictions on the size and type of houses available, but most of the homes would be moderate in size and have front porches to encourage a sense of neighborhood community. Grass lawns would not be illegal, but native drought tolerant trees, shrubs, and plants would be encouraged in landscaping.
A high percentage of the businesses and homes would have some source of energy other than from traditional fossil fuel sources. Citywide pick up of recycling. Most residents collecting rainwater in barrels to use for water needs outside of cooking and bathing.
Use of pesticides for landscaping would be illegal.
The only legal firearms allowed within the city would be by law enforcement personnel.
All elected city officials would be limited to a single term of serving.
It would be against city ordinance to have large billboards lining streets, and all business signs would be small and unique.
Fast food resturants, and large national chains (Wal-Marts, McDonalds for example) would not be allowed within city limits.
There would be NO strip malls allowed. Instead small independantly owned businesses would be found throughout the city, and would include a Farmers Market with mostly locally grown produce, and local markets such as butchers, bakeries, coffee shops (no Starbucks), so that residents could walk or ride close to home to get fresh organic foods and daily needs as much as possible.

I'd move there : )

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 20 20:26:13 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>My town:

>The only legal firearms allowed within the city would be by law enforcement personnel.
>
So you want to live in a police state ?

addi Posted: Wed Aug 20 22:38:29 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>So you want to live in a police state ?

If that's what you want to call it then, yes.
Just keep in mind this place isn't real, and I included a few idealistic traits in mine that don't necessarily conform to reality.
I didn't really intend this to be listing our favorite traits only to have someone else take shots at them. That's too much like me saying my favorite color is blue, and then have you tell me I'm wrong and it's really red.
But thanks for at least responding. At least I know one person read it.
: )

SntSaturn Posted: Thu Aug 21 00:17:28 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  

>It would have a distinct city center (square or plaza), with cobblestone or brick pavement, and cars would not be allowed. Getting around in that section would be by walking, by trolley, or horse carriage rides.
>There would be NO strip malls allowed. Instead small independantly owned businesses would be found throughout the city, and would include a Farmers Market with mostly locally grown produce, and local markets such as butchers, bakeries, coffee shops (no Starbucks), so that residents could walk or ride close to home to get fresh organic foods and daily needs as much as possible.

Can I just say, I love these two ideas. Despite the impracticality of horse-drawn carriages, I am sure it would be one of my favorite modes of transportation.

Also, while I was in Europe, the farmer's markets were one of my favorite places to visit. <3

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Aug 21 03:27:31 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>So you want to live in a police state ?
>
>If that's what you want to call it then, yes.
>Just keep in mind this place isn't real, and I included a few idealistic traits in mine that don't necessarily conform to reality.
>I didn't really intend this to be listing our favorite traits only to have someone else take shots at them. That's too much like me saying my favorite color is blue, and then have you tell me I'm wrong and it's really red.
>But thanks for at least responding. At least I know one person read it.
>: )
>
OK, sorry.
In that case your town sounds pretty good, but an improvement would be that the lake is actually filled with beer and the women are all naked.

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 21 06:05:14 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mine's a dystopia more than Utopia

It's not a perfect world, in fact it's a down right dirty world. it's based on the macro version of Cardiff i live in (half in and half out of my head), with the characters i hang out with (out of my head). It would be a hardboiled, noirish, old timey looking place with Googie architecture and neon lights in amongst the southern gothic and new developments. 24 hour bowling alleys (like the now closed Gaeity), late night steak houses (Like the real)Charlestons, tiny old bars (like the real Floyds bar above the clothes shop of the same name), old fashioned cars, people can smoke indoors again, men would wear hats, bar staff would slip you a free scotch for your woes and table service will lend an ear to a problem and a sandwich to a runaway.

At night the air will be punctuated by the music of Top Shelf Jazz (In the hotel bars), Smokehand (In the lounges) and Fantasmagoria (In the cellars). Tom Waits would percolate in the air in the minds of people who needed him and Frank, Deano and Sammy (and Joey) would be imitated with varying degrees of success in the asshole bars and lounges with pretentions (not that i'm saying i wouldn't pop in to listen to the pack from time to time. Nick Cave's voice would lurk around the city limits and darker slums, his love songs aching in the hearts of the unrequited or murderous lovers.

The city would be different in the day, the sun would shine, sometimes too much, too fat men would sweat and cheap hotel rooms would be unbareable. Sometimes it would rain off the sea, a hell of a downpour that makes the whole town smell like a fishing boat for an afternoon. There will be cafes with cops in, dice games in alleys and street musicians who know the score.

Shoes will click smartly on pavements, payments in resturants will be resolved by leaving a handful of money in a saucer, girls will drink milkshakes, hoodlums will be on the recieving end of rough justice.

Natrually there's only one job i'd want in this world- PI. There would always be a case to solve, these ain't real people they're characters, I'd have contacts, a .38 snub bean shooter, hip flask and Fedora.

There'd be corrupt officials in city hall putting the Chinese squeeze on the orphage funds, Gaboozos running rackets and shifting jazz cigarettes, corn and Dope. Dames in red dresses giving you the nod. There's a real risk of danger but i know i'll pull through in the end. People i know would pop up from time to time of course.

-Addi as the mayorial candidate being blackmailed by some goons through a loose moralled twist with a big mouth and if i make the trip for biscuits his career is over and he's in the caboose.

-Hif as the chief of police, poltically we don't swing it but we've had enough water under the bridge to know that the petermen and Loogan's of this town need to dealt a low ace from time to time.

-MissZero- Plays piano at Callaghans and sees a lot, I respect her because i know she don't do a lot of talking, only when it counts.

I know it's a dystopia but it's my dystopia!

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 21 06:11:35 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And in addition...

I want to have access to a farmhouse an hours drive from town where i can send people to be safe and go to grow veg and chop wood. There'd be an elderly Irish housekeeper in the town who'd look after the place while i was away who doles out sensible catholic advice and a crusty major who run the local tavern who'd send me up some scotch when needed.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Aug 21 06:22:24 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey Mat, I think I've seen this movie.
If not, I'm sure I would like it.
:-)

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 21 06:55:45 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Hey Mat, I think I've seen this movie.
>If not, I'm sure I would like it.
>:-)

Hey there chief, can you please stop putting the squeeze on Phil Renaud down the at the dockers union, he's good man just trying to look after his boys. Especially now that Black Widdow that goes under the name of Nikki is back in town looking for a butter and eggs man down at the golf club.

addi Posted: Thu Aug 21 07:27:00 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>OK, sorry.
>In that case your town sounds pretty good, but an improvement would be that the lake is actually filled with beer and the women are all naked.

lol!
On paper that sounds pretty good. You'd have to deal with a bunch of socially delinquent drunk fish and ducks though with the beer lake.
As far as the naked women go I guess it would depend on the women that live in your town. Some I'm not so sure I'd want to see totally nude. ; )

addi Posted: Thu Aug 21 07:33:45 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Hey Mat, I think I've seen this movie.
>If not, I'm sure I would like it.
>:-)

I should have guessed mat's would be a "Sin City" place.
It sounds like a great place to visit (as long as it had a happy ending), but I think I'd stay around his farm, chopping wood, growing veggies, and pestering the sheep most of the time.

addi Posted: Thu Aug 21 07:48:18 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  SntSaturn said:

>Can I just say, I love these two ideas. Despite the impracticality of horse-drawn carriages, I am sure it would be one of my favorite modes of transportation.

That idea came from my several visits to downtown Charleston..where they have horse carriages for visitors in the historic section of the city.
It can get a tad bit stinky though, if you know what I mean.

>Also, while I was in Europe, the farmer's markets were one of my favorite places to visit. <3

I hate to say it, but from my several visits to various European cities I have to say they got this part right. It's one of the things I'm jealous about that they have...along with better mass transit, and generally speaking an infused cultural trait of demanding high quality..in their produce, chocolate, cheese, bread and beers : )

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 21 08:11:59 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Hey Mat, I think I've seen this movie.
>>If not, I'm sure I would like it.
>>:-)
>
>I should have guessed mat's would be a "Sin City" place.
>It sounds like a great place to visit (as long as it had a happy ending), but I think I'd stay around his farm, chopping wood, growing veggies, and pestering the sheep most of the time.

Forget it mark, it's Chinatown!

seriously though, i went away weekend gone to this farm that belongs to my friend folks (who were on holiday in Cornwall). Rural cottage 7 miles away from the middle of nowhere. 8 of us spent our time going for long walks along the hills, chopping wood, cooking breakfast, picking fresh veg for our dinner. I discovered the toolshed and was in heavan, sickles, garden forks, chainsaw, sledge hammers axes.

We basically lived as country gentry and drank and smoked reefer. It was beautiful.

On the saturday night the moon was so bright it pierced the clouds with a golden halo and it looked like a portal to another realm where a moon could exist in a blue sky.

The track to the house was a couple of miles long and snaked alongside a gully, it was probably the most ass clenching van ride i ever had, peering out down the tree lined ravine wondering if all our wheels were on the ground.

On sunday me Hurst and Cooke walked about 2 miles to this little clearing above a cliff where we sat and wrote haiku and had a smoke looking out over the valley and the 3 or 4 farms that made up our neighbours. On the way there we discovered a gravestone in the woods where three of the local farmer stock were buried, slap bang out there in the middle of the trees, one of the buried was only 3 years old.

It was in many ways the most poifect weekend i've had in years.

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 21 08:20:52 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh and for some reason, there was an LP of Zorba the Greek in the rack, so we had to put that one and dance around in circles with our arms in the air.

addi Posted: Thu Aug 21 08:33:03 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>It was in many ways the most poifect weekend i've had in years.

It sounds like heaven to me. Out in the country with friends, reefer, some manual labor, and nature.
That can heal a man's tormented soul.

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 21 08:35:25 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>mat_j said:
>
>>It was in many ways the most poifect weekend i've had in years.
>
>It sounds like heaven to me. Out in the country with friends, reefer, some manual labor, and nature.
>That can heal a man's tormented soul.

Yeah, i broke up with my long term live in girlfriend a coupla weeks ago, it was the perfect tonic, set me up for the immediate future, right now i feel like i can handle anything again. That moon, those hills, that little house. amazing

addi Posted: Thu Aug 21 09:37:36 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>Yeah, i broke up with my long term live in girlfriend a coupla weeks ago,

Whether you initiated it or she did, either way going through that is a bummer. It's good that you were able to get away to a place like that.

"And how can you mend a broken heart?
How can you stop the rain from falling down?
How can you stop the sun from shining?
What makes the world go round?"

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 21 09:48:31 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>mat_j said:
>
>>Yeah, i broke up with my long term live in girlfriend a coupla weeks ago,
>
>Whether you initiated it or she did, either way going through that is a bummer. It's good that you were able to get away to a place like that.
>
>"And how can you mend a broken heart?
>How can you stop the rain from falling down?
>How can you stop the sun from shining?
>What makes the world go round?"

I guess the answer to those questions is some kind of graviton weapon.

Yeah it was much needed!

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Aug 21 10:23:58 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>>Also, while I was in Europe, the farmer's markets were one of my favorite places to visit. <3
>
>I hate to say it, but from my several visits to various European cities I have to say they got this part right. It's one of the things I'm jealous about that they have...along with better mass transit, and generally speaking an infused cultural trait of demanding high quality..in their produce, chocolate, cheese, bread and beers : )
>
Don't you guys have farmers markets where you live ?
Sheesh, Louisville is not a huge city, but we have lots of farmers markets here.

addi Posted: Thu Aug 21 10:52:27 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Don't you guys have farmers markets where you live ?

Yup. Not real close though.
My beef wasn't just a lack of those however...it's hard to put into words but it's on a grander scale. I can find a farmer's market here; I can find a good bakery here; I can find a good independant meat shop, coffee shop, etc, etc...
I can also put a large amount of miles on my car getting to each of these places as well.
When I visit Germany, or England, or Paris (insert European city here) I have found that I could find all those places, and more, within a short walk or bike ride to where I was staying. My point is that here I can get to these types of places if I take the time and effort. Across the sea I've found those places are all over, not just one or two for a large population. It's like they're neighborhood friendly...perhaps much like many neighborhoods were like here up until the mid 20th century.

Don't know if I explained myself real clear.

Posted: Thu Aug 21 14:44:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Hey Mat, I think I've seen this movie.
>>If not, I'm sure I would like it.
>>:-)
>
>Hey there chief, can you please stop putting the squeeze on Phil Renaud down the at the dockers union, he's good man just trying to look after his boys. Especially now that Black Widdow that goes under the name of Nikki is back in town looking for a butter and eggs man down at the golf club.
>

!!

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Aug 21 16:27:45 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>mat_j said:
>>ifihadahif said:
>>>Hey Mat, I think I've seen this movie.
>>>If not, I'm sure I would like it.
>>>:-)
>>
>>Hey there chief, can you please stop putting the squeeze on Phil Renaud down the at the dockers union, he's good man just trying to look after his boys. Especially now that Black Widdow that goes under the name of Nikki is back in town looking for a butter and eggs man down at the golf club.
>>
>
>
>!!
>
You're under arrest !

mat_j Posted: Fri Aug 22 03:56:01 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>>>Hey there chief, can you please stop putting the squeeze on Phil Renaud down the at the dockers union, he's good man just trying to look after his boys. Especially now that Black Widdow that goes under the name of Nikki is back in town looking for a butter and eggs man down at the golf club.
>>>
>>
>>
>>!!
>>
>You're under arrest !

Hey come on chief, drop a dime and speak to city hall, Renaud is above the board. It's those dips in the mayors office you want to get the bulls to come down on!

misszero Posted: Fri Aug 22 05:36:38 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat, that was awesome. i did a close study of crime fiction (over multiple formats/media) when i was in high school, and i like the aesthetics of smoky blues clubs where sad sometimes junkies sing about their sins. (gin house blues = my favourite song most of the time)

i used to think i wanted to live in a commune, but then i met my friend who grew up in one.

(oh, and condolances mat. breaking up is hard to do. p.s. i heard there's a dr who museum in Wales from a customer today whose friends wouldn't let her go!)

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Aug 22 06:18:28 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>>>Hey there chief, can you please stop putting the squeeze on Phil Renaud down the at the dockers union, he's good man just trying to look after his boys. Especially now that Black Widdow that goes under the name of Nikki is back in town looking for a butter and eggs man down at the golf club.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>!!
>>>
>>You're under arrest !
>
>Hey come on chief, drop a dime and speak to city hall, Renaud is above the board. It's those dips in the mayors office you want to get the bulls to come down on!
>
I don't know man, that name Renaud, it's suspiciously French sounding ...

Then again, I have been getting complaints from a very cute sheep that she may have been inappropriately groped by the mayor. . .

addi Posted: Fri Aug 22 06:39:36 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Then again, I have been getting complaints from a very cute sheep that she may have been inappropriately groped by the mayor. . .

eh...biscuits, bulls, butter and eggs.

mat_j Posted: Sat Aug 23 22:08:22 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>mat, that was awesome. i did a close study of crime fiction (over multiple formats/media) when i was in high school, and i like the aesthetics of smoky blues clubs where sad sometimes junkies sing about their sins. (gin house blues = my favourite song most of the time)
>
>i used to think i wanted to live in a commune, but then i met my friend who grew up in one.
>
>(oh, and condolances mat. breaking up is hard to do. p.s. i heard there's a dr who museum in Wales from a customer today whose friends wouldn't let her go!)
>
>

Thanks B,
I went to the Dr Who exhibition thing a while back, I particularly enjoyed the Cat nuns (hmmm sounds like something Addi would say) The costumes for those are wicked.

So can i come to Australia and marry you now?

mat_j Posted: Sat Aug 23 22:11:39 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>Then again, I have been getting complaints from a very cute sheep that she may have been inappropriately groped by the mayor. . .
>
>eh...biscuits, bulls, butter and eggs.

Trip for biscuits- Not getting somewhere on time eg, i'd go to city hall but it'd be a trip for biscuits, Addi already skipped town this morning with the money and the ewe.

Bulls- cops

butter and eggs man- high roller, who's new in town and maybe a little naive.

Ahriman Posted: Sun Aug 24 08:26:26 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>My town:
>
>population some where around 200,000 to 300,000 or so.
>Cultural and ethnic diverse population, giving it a small town flavor with cosmopolitan feel.
>College or university located there.
>Geography would be about 3 to 5,000 ft in elevation, with mountains around it. Within city limits would be a lake and large park/green space, with an ampitheatre for concerts and space for art festivals.
>It would be a "pet friendly" town, offering green areas for walking/exercise, but fines would be strickly enforced for not picking up after your dog takes a dump.
>It would have a distinct city center (square or plaza), with cobblestone or brick pavement, and cars would not be allowed. Getting around in that section would be by walking, by trolley, or horse carriage rides. Light rail (too small to support subway) would be offered to strategic points across the city to encourage public transportation. All streets (including residential) would be required to have sidewalks, and a separate hardtop path/lanes for bikes along major roads.
>No restrictions on the size and type of houses available, but most of the homes would be moderate in size and have front porches to encourage a sense of neighborhood community. Grass lawns would not be illegal, but native drought tolerant trees, shrubs, and plants would be encouraged in landscaping.
>A high percentage of the businesses and homes would have some source of energy other than from traditional fossil fuel sources. Citywide pick up of recycling. Most residents collecting rainwater in barrels to use for water needs outside of cooking and bathing.
>Use of pesticides for landscaping would be illegal.
>The only legal firearms allowed within the city would be by law enforcement personnel.
>All elected city officials would be limited to a single term of serving.
>It would be against city ordinance to have large billboards lining streets, and all business signs would be small and unique.
>Fast food resturants, and large national chains (Wal-Marts, McDonalds for example) would not be allowed within city limits.
>There would be NO strip malls allowed. Instead small independantly owned businesses would be found throughout the city, and would include a Farmers Market with mostly locally grown produce, and local markets such as butchers, bakeries, coffee shops (no Starbucks), so that residents could walk or ride close to home to get fresh organic foods and daily needs as much as possible.
>
>
>I'd move there : )

sounds like Portland, Oregon

addi Posted: Sun Aug 24 15:39:07 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:

>sounds like Portland, Oregon

I've been there a few times. Nice city as I remember but maybe a bit too large and rainy for me.

misszero Posted: Tue Aug 26 06:37:30 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>So can i come to Australia and marry you now?

yes please.

mat_j Posted: Tue Aug 26 06:43:46 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>mat_j said:
>
>
>>So can i come to Australia and marry you now?
>
>yes please.

woohoo!

addi Posted: Tue Aug 26 09:11:02 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>woohoo!

Whoa, buddy. I'd curb your enthusiasm. Aussie ladies make a habit of eating their mates after doing the deed.
Or maybe it's they like to eat biscuits and eggs with their mate as foreplay....or perhaps I heard it wrong and they like to eat during sex.
Hmmm....
Better do a google search using the keywords "Sheila, bacon, spunk, mysterious disappearing mates, Dr. Who, abseiling"...just to be on the safe side.

mat_j Posted: Tue Aug 26 09:19:23 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  :Get's his chasing people out of the room broom and aims for Addi's crotch like it was too dogs fucking in the kitchen.

addi Posted: Tue Aug 26 09:46:30 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>:Get's his chasing people out of the room broom and aims for Addi's crotch like it was too dogs fucking in the kitchen.

Can never figure out your quaint little sayings.
I'm going to assume this whole broom chasing thing is a pleasurable experience.

mat_j Posted: Tue Aug 26 16:54:10 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No, no it is not.

addi Posted: Tue Aug 26 17:06:11 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>No, no it is not.

well I can then conclude that some form of broom handle penetration would occur, and that's not very sporting of you.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Aug 26 17:16:47 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  broom handle penetration . . . . nope doesn't sound sporting at all.

Though I must admit I might pay to see it.
:-)

Aeon Posted: Tue Aug 26 21:25:41 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My utopia is a city of industry. A place where free minds meet to think beyond the borders of current thought. A place where humor is the tone of every conversation and no one really worries about the bills. My utopia is bohemian and in a way a remnant of the beat generation.

mat_j Posted: Fri Aug 29 12:25:41 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>mat_j said:
>>No, no it is not.
>
>well I can then conclude that some form of broom handle penetration would occur, and that's not very sporting of you.

Imagine what happens to a dog who tries to get into a butcher shop.

addi Posted: Fri Aug 29 15:51:34 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>Imagine what happens to a dog who tries to get into a butcher shop.

Hmmm...thinking...thinking

He gets a huge t-bone steak from the owner and a pat on the head?

mat_j Posted: Tue Sep 2 06:12:49 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>mat_j said:
>
>>Imagine what happens to a dog who tries to get into a butcher shop.
>
>Hmmm...thinking...thinking
>
>He gets a huge t-bone steak from the owner and a pat on the head?

No, he steals a string of sausages makes a spirited run for it. He is pursued for several yards before being clipped by a car and then is sent howling into the gutter. Then the butcher catches up with him and beats him to death of the course of of ten minutes, occaisonally stopping to eat some black pudding for strength.

addi Posted: Tue Sep 2 07:37:35 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>No, he steals a string of sausages makes a spirited run for it. He is pursued for several yards before being clipped by a car and then is sent howling into the gutter. Then the butcher catches up with him and beats him to death of the course of of ten minutes, occaisonally stopping to eat some black pudding for strength.

Wow. I was WAY off on that senario.
The Welsh are kinda violent folks. Must have something to do with their diet of sausages and strong ale.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]