Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

If You Had Time
Kira Posted: Wed Jan 7 23:25:58 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For the better part of our lives most of us are motivated by two major objectives: guiding our offspring safely into adulthood and accumulating enough wealth to live comfortably and freely until death.

With these goals in mind we fit in all the rest: sleeping in and reading books and playing cards and watching sitcoms, not just keeping the kids safe and fed but talking and laughing with them, ditto our friends and other family, and maybe - hopefully - pursuing our passions. Be they writing the next great American novel or curing the world's worst known disease.

This is life and life is good. It's also short.

If you had time... if there was no need to work, if you knew your family was taken care of... and suppose you even had a decade or two more than the average person. If you could do just what you most dearly WANTED to do, how would you spend that time? See the world? Build a ship to see other worlds? Or just go fishing?

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Thu Jan 8 06:53:35 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd travel the world,I'll climb every beautifull snowcovered mountain, I'd go rockclimbing and caving alot, and on Sundays I'd sleep till noon and play the wii ...
Altough it all wouldn't be fun without my boyfriend, so he should definitly be able to join me :)

mat_j Posted: Thu Jan 8 08:06:36 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If i could build a ship to see other worlds feck i'd do that.

Kira Posted: Thu Jan 8 11:07:16 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>If i could build a ship to see other worlds feck i'd do that.
>
>
LOL me too. :)

I also want to see the world first. Mostly the wild half-forgotten parts, but there are probably some cities I'd like to explore too, the older ones, with the complicated histories.

Maybe I'd build a plane. Just a little one. To fly back and forth between the ocean and the mountains here.

And though I haven't considered it in a long time, I think, if I didn't have to worry about what I would have to GAIN from doing so, I'd go to school. Study philosophy or something.

breeze Posted: Thu Jan 8 11:20:37 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I would probably also travel around the world and would probably end up working for a non-profit that does economic development work in developing countries.

It would drive me nuts not having to work all the time, so I'd definately find some kind of activity. But as JI said, none of that would be fun and complete without that significant other by your side :)

kurohyou Posted: Sun Jan 11 09:26:49 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd travel more than I do. Probably spend a fair amount of time in Asia and Europe, which suddenly has grasped my curiosity. Someone told me Istanbul is a nice place to visit.

But I would still have to work, it would just be nice to not have to work to survive. I would actually keep the job I currently have because I do think it's one of the best jobs ever. If nothing else for the sheer entertainment value of it.

Plan B may just be to follow Breeze around like a lost puppy I could double as a bodygaurd... which is one of my fall back careers behind a lawyer and an assassin...

I should get some sleep. 10 hours and two domestics later I'm a bit slap happy... which I suppose is better than trigger happy... all things considered...

For what it's worth...

mat_j Posted: Mon Jan 12 17:19:24 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Of course i'd want a comfortable space ship with carpets, attractive female aliens in the crew and those holo rooms like in the star trek and not an smelly industrial ones where everyone gets killed like in aliens.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]