Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Different D
Ahriman Posted: Wed Mar 3 01:20:34 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In a possible book idea I just had as a take on man: Man has existed on Earth for 400,000 years. We crash landed here in our exploration ship from Alpha Centauri that had been damaged by a solar flare. From there, we hunted and survived. There were some mighty beasties back then we had to defend against. We kept the knowledge of our people by passing it down through many generations. As years pass and we survived through many hardships. Our people get scattered. Our natural evolution shaped and changed our people. We were very adaptable as our people had been around for millions of years in Alpha Centauri. Of course, our one true enemy was time. Time for knowledge to become stories and stories to become legends. Eventually, we were one with our primal selves. Till one day, a nomadic hunter seeking shelter from a storm runs into a small cave opening. When he gets inside it looks like a very odd cave but there's no beasties and no rain. He lays down in a hole in the side of the cave. Whoosh. The hole lights up and a shield powers on. The knowledge of our advanced ancestors is downloaded into his head. There begins the tale of the first modern man. This is his journey...

Kira Posted: Wed Mar 3 12:03:56 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hmmm...

This is backstory, and not the story itself, right? Will all of these details be included in the book? If so I might suggest lot of emphasis be placed on the hardships the ancestors faced - environmental challenges, low population, limited tools with which to survive. Otherwise I would find it hard to believe an advanced people could not adapt and rebuild a society more closely resembling their old one. But by forcing them apart and keeping them busy with their environment, you do achieve plausibility.

I feel sorry for this poor guy with all this advanced knowledge in his brain. I hope his fellow hunters don't try to lynch him for being so smart.

Ahriman Posted: Mon Mar 8 18:19:05 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sooooo quuuuiiieeet.....

Ahriman Posted: Mon Mar 8 18:19:30 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bark bark bark

Ahriman Posted: Mon Mar 8 18:20:02 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Airplane soaring overhead

Ahriman Posted: Mon Mar 8 23:44:44 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Red glow, drifting ancestors

Ahriman Posted: Tue Mar 9 12:26:49 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *Huff*

mat_j Posted: Wed Mar 10 12:47:12 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE WATCHING/ PLAN ON WATCHING BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (2004)

Something like this happens in that, but i wont say how, it's a decent idea though, really though, even if you're not a sci fi fan this is one of my top five shows of all time.

Ahriman Posted: Thu Mar 11 00:04:50 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love to eat Bananas and Apples.

Ahriman Posted: Thu Mar 11 00:09:50 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If I spin in a circle long enough, what will I hit first?

Ahriman Posted: Thu Mar 18 23:11:38 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When the world goes into chaos, number one commodity in my opinion: Duct Tape.

Kira Posted: Thu Mar 18 23:50:53 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman, did you become a ninja? Or perhaps a bank robber? Hopefully a ninja, because robbing banks is not very cool and also putting your photo up like that if you're a bank robber is just not smart.

There is some debate as to whether or not ninja are cooler than pirates. I for one am for the ninja because I think they had more scruples.

I'm sorry. I'm shutting up now.

Puck Posted: Fri Mar 19 09:17:39 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nah. Bank robbery WAS cool. It's SO last century though.

libra Posted: Fri Mar 19 11:29:51 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>Nah. Bank robbery WAS cool. It's SO last century though.

Mmmm. Johnny Depp.

choke Posted: Fri Mar 19 21:24:15 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:

>
>There is some debate as to whether or not ninja are cooler than pirates. I for one am for the ninja because I think they had more scruples.
>

We had a pirates vs ninjas party just to see which was better. It was surprisingly even! Pirates had a couple more. But then someone arrived dressed as a christmas tree so it was inconclusive

Puck Posted: Fri Mar 19 23:24:22 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Puck said:
>>Nah. Bank robbery WAS cool. It's SO last century though.
>
>
>Mmmm. Johnny Depp.

mmm. Steve Buscemi

Ahriman Posted: Sat Mar 20 10:22:23 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ever watch the Deadliest Warrior on Spike? There was Ninja Vs. Spartan and Pirate Vs. Knight. Very interesting.

Ahriman Posted: Sat Mar 20 10:23:40 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  We had a super hero party at the 'Green and the only thing I could figure to put together was a Ninja costume. I don't know what Luis is really dressed as...

Ahriman Posted: Sun Mar 21 00:59:47 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That was a looong day at work. Utter chaos. Got home. Kicked off shoes. Grabbed bottle of whiskey. Went into shower. I can feel my heartbeat in my feet. Oh, the romantic life of a chef...

Ahriman Posted: Tue Mar 23 19:00:55 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Caw!

Billy_pilgrim Posted: Wed Mar 24 08:28:42 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>
>Ever watch the Deadliest Warrior on Spike? There was Ninja Vs. Spartan and Pirate Vs. Knight. Very interesting.

Fucking awesome shite TV! I saw knight Vs Pirate. All i kept saying was "Shoot him with the fucking musket! Shoot him with the fucking musket! It's a knight, it'll kill him... Run behind the stupid cunt, he's a knight, he's fucking useless!" I'm glad he won because knights are super shit against anything else but less well armoured armoured troops. They're not even that brilliant on horseback as English footmen, Belgian peasants or Welsh archers will contest.

That said IRA vs Al Qaeda was one of the funniest/stupidest things ever... Calling in a car bomb to win!?!?! WTF!! I was on my knees though praying that the 'RA would win, i was with my friend's brother at the time and he's this 17 year old Muslim kid and even though he's not into all that shit he was fucking gutted, you should have seen his sad little face when they did that car bomb and i was right in it saying 'In yer face you fucking loser, yer can't even beat the 'RA!'.

Fucking ace.

I agree with Maori vs Shaolin though even though i'm not convinced by all these Ninja/Shaolin/Samurai dealies, people seem to think they have magic powers or something, that Maori looked like not only was he two puddings over the limit he also needed to go have a number 2 quick sharp.

Ahriman Posted: Wed Mar 24 11:19:53 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Is anyone here a Burner? Are you attending this year?

Ahriman Posted: Fri Mar 26 12:33:07 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What's going on up there?

Ahriman Posted: Fri Mar 26 12:34:17 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  "Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

choke Posted: Fri Mar 26 16:11:58 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Billy_pilgrim said:.
>
>Fucking ace.
>
>I agree with Maori vs Shaolin though even though i'm not convinced by all these Ninja/Shaolin/Samurai dealies, people seem to think they have magic powers or something, that Maori looked like not only was he two puddings over the limit he also needed to go have a number 2 quick sharp.
>
>
I don't actually know what either of you are talking about but if this is a fighting thing I saw Maori vs. cowboy in real life at the pub last Wednesday!

Ahriman Posted: Sat Mar 27 11:01:05 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I hate cuts that don't hurt till the next day.

Puck Posted: Sat Mar 27 14:54:50 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I dislike suddenly finding that I'm bleeding and not knowing what caused it. This happened more often when I lived in a house that had new paneling.

Do any of you find yourselves just not feeling like refilling an ipod? I'll go for about three months with only 300 songs ish from artists A-C before sitting down and fixing it. Now that I've refreshed it, I'm so at ease.

Ahriman Posted: Wed Mar 31 12:25:18 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I woke up today looking like a lion. I do have a mighty rawr.

Billy_pilgrim Posted: Thu Apr 1 06:45:09 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>I hate cuts that don't hurt till the next day.

I got savaged playfighting with my friends Cat last night, little bastard got his hooks in me, I washed it and put some antiseptic on it, because it has that whole tongue to clean arse and feet policy going on, and it was fine.

This morning though it stings like a right one.

Little beggar, I'm breaking his legs next time!

sweet p Posted: Fri Apr 2 16:26:52 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>I'll go for about three months with only 300 songs ish from artists A-C before sitting down and fixing it. Now that I've refreshed it, I'm so at ease.

I thought something was wrong with me. Maybe something is wrong with the both of us.
I finally updated mine this week and my life has changed. It sounds ridiculous, but it's true!

Puck Posted: Fri Apr 2 17:53:06 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>I thought something was wrong with me. Maybe something is wrong with the both of us.

I'll vote for the second option, but it's only a little something that's wrong.

>I finally updated mine this week and my life has changed. It sounds ridiculous, but it's true!

I felt much better after the fact, but something still feels missing as I'm shuffling through.

Ahriman Posted: Sat Apr 3 00:53:31 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd change mine if it hadn't gone through a snowblower...

Puck Posted: Sat Apr 3 15:31:41 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yesterday, I really wanted to throw it, to see if the protective case would be effective.

Ahriman Posted: Mon Apr 5 10:37:41 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bassnectar on April 20th, yay!

Ahriman Posted: Tue Apr 13 12:14:14 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Shoulda been gooone....

Ahriman Posted: Sat Apr 17 00:45:28 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  "Christians, good. Islams, good. Buddhists, good. Only people bad." -Unkee, one of the Burmese dishwashers at the restaurant

Ahriman Posted: Sat Apr 24 11:18:53 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Grindhouse flicks are intense.

Ahriman Posted: Wed Apr 28 19:04:39 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bubble tea = <3

Puck Posted: Thu Apr 29 01:16:33 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  giant straws for bubble tea = //

Ahriman Posted: Sat May 1 10:53:20 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah but those giant straws are perfect for making tapioca projectiles.

Ahriman Posted: Wed May 5 11:48:16 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bleh bleh bleh, morning breath. Why do you have to taste like packing peanuts left on top of a garbage can in the sun?

Ahriman Posted: Sat May 8 22:56:48 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Never have I ever...

Puck Posted: Sat May 8 23:25:41 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I bet you did at least once or twice.

Ahriman Posted: Fri May 28 00:55:56 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There are many, many wondrous things in this wide, wide beautiful world :)

Ahriman Posted: Sat Jun 12 11:19:57 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mmmmm banana and orange juice :)

Ahriman Posted: Tue Jun 22 11:54:21 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yay Howard Zinn

Ahriman Posted: Wed Jun 23 12:06:39 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There seems to be a lot of knowledge but not a lot of understanding going on this world...

Ahriman Posted: Fri Jun 25 03:11:57 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sometimes the flavor of life tastes bitter...

Ahriman Posted: Sat Jul 3 12:37:05 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *Cough cough cough* ow

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]