Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Some life wisdom please...
marsi Posted: Tue Oct 19 15:56:39 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello everybody, I haven't been here for a very long time...
Now that I'm in trouble I remembered that people here are wise and maybe I could get some advice.
What do you do, when all you've got is the truth and it's not enough.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Oct 19 21:21:05 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Need more input

kurohyou Posted: Wed Oct 20 01:15:06 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Having gone through a lot of crazy this summer and at any given point lost all touch with reality here's my advise.

Don't fight the reality of a situation.

Struggling against the reality of a situation will gain nothing but frustration. The situations we find ourselves are what they are to one extent or another. If there is a way out that is plausible, then by all means take it. But if there isn't, as is the case sometimes, then accept it. Sit in it and listen for the lessons it has to teach.

The only other thing I can suggest, without more information is to let go of the past. Second guessing what you've done and wishing it were different will get you no where. My new mantra is that the only good my past does me is to guide me to a better future. I look back to see what worked, what didn't and to adjust my present in hopes of a better future.

Like I said, without knowing more that is the best generic advise I've got at the moment.

For what it's worth...

addi Posted: Wed Oct 20 08:04:33 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Good wisdom from Kuro (not a surprise), but I'm with hif on this. Without more details it's hard to pass out any specific advice that pertains to your situation, kitty-cat lady.

Posted: Thu Oct 21 13:39:54 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Best generic advice I can give: Lawyer up, hit the gym, delete from facebook.

choke Posted: Thu Oct 21 18:23:18 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
delete from facebook.

Best. Advice. Ever.

choke Posted: Thu Oct 21 18:28:43 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sometimes (situation dependent) it's okay to ignore the truth?

kurohyou Posted: Thu Oct 21 23:04:48 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>Best generic advice I can give: Lawyer up, hit the gym, delete from facebook.

You been selling that advise? I swear the last four people I've dealt with at work immediately lawyer up.

The deleting facebook comment was funny too... Oh How I'm tempted to some days. But its just such a fun social experiment.

Not that it matters...

addi Posted: Fri Oct 22 07:58:41 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have to admit a wry smile at those suggesting deleting their fb account being great advice, and then looking at their account and seeing very recent comments. :)

Here's Addi's good advice: If you think fb is bad for you then just delete your account. Life will go on for you and the rest of us.

Puck Posted: Fri Oct 22 09:52:44 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I thought that the idea was to delete the problematic people/apps on facebook, not the account.

choke Posted: Fri Oct 22 20:06:01 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>I thought that the idea was to delete the problematic people/apps on facebook, not the account.

Yeah that's what I thought too! Although I must say I haven't deleted anyone problematic either. I'm a sucker for stalking!

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Oct 22 20:42:11 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Addi, I think you may have missed something.

Kira Posted: Fri Oct 22 22:36:00 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sometimes the only thing you can do is hold on for dear life and wait out the storm.

If you try to fight the storm, you'll lose. Don't abandon ship - if it's really sinking, it won't matter when jump. Hold fast to the truth.

addi Posted: Mon Oct 25 06:33:01 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Addi, I think you may have missed something.
Got it now. I took "delete from facebook" at face value, and not as "delete from facebook problematic people and apps".

Silly me :)

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Oct 27 12:50:26 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>I thought that the idea was to delete the problematic people/apps on facebook, not the account.

I second this motion. And I also submit that you block these people/apps as well. And tighten your circle of friends to a few and only tell maybe one or two what's really going on. Sometimes people are genuinely more trouble/effort than they are worth.

*jaded cherry is extremely jaded*

*and possibly a teeny bit butthurt*

But in all seriousness get the people that are causing pain and suffering out of your life and try to really focus on just the essentials. If it's a legal matter then turn to the professionals. If it is a relation/friendship deal then sadly it's time to move on and let it go. Try not to dwell when possible and avoid interacting when reasonable.

I love Crim's advice. :D

Posted: Thu Oct 28 16:57:07 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:

>I love Crim's advice. :D

I do what I can :)

marsi Posted: Sun Oct 31 15:24:32 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thank you all... I still don't know what to do, but yes I do know that somehow life goes on.
It was a friendship thing and the person causing the troubles doesn't have facebook, so can't delete her.
And the problem is that I see these two at work every day and that's very stressful, otherwise it would have been much easier.
And it was lifesaving that I've got a couple of close friends, who are my friends for a very very long time and know me very well, just to listen to me and even though they tell me that it can't be helped and that I should just let go, it's the unfairness of the situation that gets to me.
And thanks for all the advices...

addi Posted: Mon Nov 1 16:56:54 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hope time helps work things out for you, Marsi.
If it's any consolation, none of us really know what we're doing either. We just kind of fumble through the obstacles life throws at us and hope to somehow survive with some shred of dignity left...
and maybe a little bit of sanity too. ;)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]